Pitino says team had best practice of the year, asks fans to stick with the team

So the one thing we know for sure is that either way tomorrow night will be a struggle?

We can erase about a month's worth of frustration with a win tomorrow night. Iowa is struggling. We're at home. Need to have this one.

Exactly. I hope the players are still positive and realize they have a great opportunity on their home court tomorrow night against a rival where a win puts them right back in the NCAA tournament mix. Despite how bad they've played recently I still can't wait for the game, no doubt it's a big one and I'm still behind them 100%.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I read in another post that Iowa is proven to be vulnerable. Right now if the Hawkeyes are vulnerable and struggling what exaclty are the Gophers off their current 3-7 run?

Yes, Iowa might be struggling, but Iowa has only lost to the other teams in the top five (the two Michigan teams, OSU, and WI). I'd love to see the Gophers pull this one off, but, if they do, it will be Iowa's first loss to one of the bottom seven.

Like a marriage, I'm committed for better or worse.

Yes it is, even if it's emotionally abusive at times. The last time they had a 'best practice of the year' was before the Purdue road game. They didn't win, but they did go down fighting. I'll take a similar, if prettier effort tomorrow.

I'd love to see the Gophers pull this one off, but, if they do, it will be Iowa's first loss to one of the bottom seven.

Then I guess we should be calling this one a win.

So the one thing we know for sure is that either way tomorrow night will be a struggle?

That's right. When 2 teams which are both struggling play each other, the team struggling least usually defeats the team struggling more. Hence the term: less is more.

Ha, if only people were committed to their marriages as much as they are their sports teams.

I'll have been committed to mine for 50 years in June. I've been committed to Gopher sports even longer.

Top Bottom