Pitino:Nate one of the best PGs in the league, going through last year made us better

GopherLady

Reaction score
Some quick notes after our SECOND road win in a row from Pitino on BTN and 1500:

Pitino:
• It was just like at Purdue, we were down 7 and we fought, we started defending in the 2nd half. Nate making big time free throws, that's what juniors in this league do. Extremely proud of our guys.
• I think we're pretty good, and we've got a long way to go. To win 2 games in a row on the road is very very difficult, obviously we're playing good basketball, but we've got a long way to go. We're young, we've got to enjoy this tonight, and we've got to get back to work tomorrow.
• We've got good balance, Michael Hurt came in and made a big 3, Amir was tremendous in the 1st half. It came to getting stops and rebounds. They're a terrific offensive team.
• Really really proud of our gusy, to do that back to back times, on the road, to be down 7 in the 2nd half, to fight back, showed great poise, Nate made huge FT's, Hurt made a huge 3. Team effort.
• 47-40, and then scored 10 straight - We've done that twice now, going through last year made us better. As difficult as that was, it helped us. We've got a really fun team to Coach, they haven't had a bad day, they've been so locked into scouting reports.

Sense of urgency, getting back in transition. Credit to our guys, that team runs a lot of difficult stuff. Mason was great, he had missed the 1st of a 1 and 1 before, so that really helped build confidence. He's one of the best point guards in the league.

Coffey is really good for a freshman. Stating the obvious, but on the road playing like that. Good poise.

Thanks for the notes.

Thanks GopherLady - you're working double overtime this week!!!

Go Gophers!!

Thank you Nadine! Great road win!!

You're welcome. It's weird, it's the 1st week of January, and it's 1:30am, but I'm still too excited to sleep. Well...maybe the coaching search has me a little wound up too...:).

You're welcome. It's weird, it's the 1st week of January, and it's 1:30am, but I'm still too excited to sleep. Well...maybe the coaching search has me a little wound up too...:).

That pass from Amir in the 2nd half to Mason I think it was had me freaking out. That was the sickest pass I've seen in a long time. For a freshman, that was crazy!!

You've got to be both younger and tougher than I am to be up at 1:30 and need to be ready to go for a day job the next morning! Thanks for the efforts to keep us informed!

Top Bottom