Pitino just asked on twitter who to schedule a home and home with next year...

Will this home and home be separate from the game at US Bank stadium? Guessing were not in a holiday tourney so we've got to do this to bolster the schedule. I'm alright with it. UCLA rematch of the 97 elite eight would be fun.

GV you tweet back at him or is someone else using your avatar?

Seems like Pitino is getting a bit more active on Twitter... Engaging the fans.

He's gotta do something to drive engagement.

Since we'll get our hopes up and be disappointed...coach McHale and Eastern Kentucky!

Will this home and home be separate from the game at US Bank stadium? Guessing were not in a holiday tourney so we've got to do this to bolster the schedule. I'm alright with it. UCLA rematch of the 97 elite eight would be fun.

Or a rematch of the 2013 round of 64 :)

SDSU, time for revenge.[emoji14]

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Creighton or Xavier would be interesting.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Same. Went with Kansas, Iowa State, and Marquette. Added Texas Tech for fun

But isn't the argument that we don't want to help bring those teams into our backyard to recruit against us. Applicable to ISU and MU.

I would go with a warm weather school that fans would want to travel to. USC, Miami, LSU (if they still exist), ASU, UNLV, etc.

GV you tweet back at him or is someone else using your avatar?

Seems like Pitino is getting a bit more active on Twitter... Engaging the fans.

He's gotta do something to drive engagement.
The Twitter ban during the season stands for the coach, too.

Mizzou, St. Louis, Butler, Creighton, Kansas State, maybe DePaul?

Wichita State, Gonzaga, VCU, Iowa State

We need to play a good program, but not a blue blood that will kick our @ss.

Wichita State, Gonzaga, VCU, Iowa State

We need to play a good program, but not a blue blood that will kick our @ss.

GZ would maybe have the most name recognition that's not a 'blue blood'. I like it.

Gonzaga would be my top choice with Oregon, UCLA, Utah, Cal, Texas, Boise State, Xavier, Butler & UCONN as other possibilities I'd like.

Zags will potentially be very tough next year if Sabonis returns as it sounds like they should get Karnowski back and also add Zach Collins McDonald's All-American, Nigel Williams-Goss (Washington transfer), Jonathan Williams III (Missouri transfer), Zach Norvell (top 100 guard from Chicago) & 3 top foreign recruits in Killian Tille, Rui Hachimura & Jacob Larsen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GZ would maybe have the most name recognition that's not a 'blue blood'. I like it.

they're also willing to schedule almost any big conference team during their non conference schedule.

Dream list... Kansas, Duke, NC, Kentucky
Wish List.... Uconn, Ucla Louisville, Arizona
Why not.....Xavier, Gonzaga, texas, Dayton
If Gophs wanted....St mary....florida...iowa st...marquette

I would love to see gonzaga or Texas

they're also willing to schedule almost any big conference team during their non conference schedule.

They have to schedule big conference teams for their non conference games because they play a very weak schedule during the conference season. Even so at the end of the year they play very few ranked teams. No where near what a big ten schedule is year in and year out.

I told him to get an opponent that's a regular Top 25/NCAA Tourney team from a power conference. Which exact team it is doesn't matter if it fits in that box. The home non Big Ten schedule has been a joke for several seasons now and an insult to loyal season ticket holders. Actually doing something about it is overdue going back to the Maturi/Tubby era.

A Philly team, either St Joes or Villanova with the return game at the Palestra. Selfishly I want to see a game there and a Gopher appearance would be perfect.
Other good home and homes with a great road trip would be USC, Washington, Georgetown/George Washington, Miami, Texas or Cal. Good games, Good road trips.

Hawaii. Pretty sure I could convince my wife to go then.

Top Bottom