Pitino era is over, start the search now.

Noise around buying out Manning at Wake, it is a huge number.
Clemson
BC
DePaul
Ole MIss
Texas

You think ole miss would move off Kermit that soon? Thought Shaka might have bought himself another year too.

Kinda wonder if Laranaga will retire as well.

Utah State upsets San Diego State to win the conference tournament. Smith is going to be at the top of a lot of lists in the coming weeks.

Was just going to bring up that name. Strikes me as a guy Coyle would like. (A PJ-type hire.) Certainly others would have interest as well and don't know what his contract looks like, so I have no idea how realistic it is. But I'd be all in on him.

How would Anthony Grant be a PJ-type hire?

How would Anthony Grant be a PJ-type hire?
I more mean that’s he’s a guy having a breakout year at a non-Power 5 school. Certainly not saying they have the same resumes.

I more mean that’s he’s a guy having a breakout year at a non-Power 5 school. Certainly not saying they have the same resumes.

Grant does have a longer head coaching record than PJ. His first D1 head coaching job was at VCU and he had three very good years there. He then had a fairly mediocre 6 year career at Alabama although he had only one losing season there and did have three 20+ win seasons. His three years at Dayton have shown continuous improvement with this year being the best year of his career.

If we could get him, I'd say Grant would be a solid bet. Frankly, I'd rather the U hire someone like Grant who has a fairly long track record, has had his ups and downs, but has achieved success at multiple programs than to hire a hot young coach with some great success but a small sample size at one program.

Love Craig Smith. Would be a great hire.

Steve Forbes and Chris Jans are great coaches as far as winning basketball games. Do you entertain these guys if you're Coyle with there past shady behavior?

Steve Forbes and Chris Jans are great coaches as far as winning basketball games. Do you entertain these guys if you're Coyle with there past shady behavior?
Nope.

Yes. They win games. Lack of winning games is the reason so many want rp fired.

Top Bottom