PiPress: Tracy Claeys turned down coaching interviews; Anderson/Poore swap roles

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Marcus:

Gophers defensive coordinator Tracy Claeys turned down opportunities to interview for head coaching jobs in the offseason.

Claeys, who took over as acting head coach while Jerry Kill managed his epilepsy, received national praise for being on the sidelines while Kill coached from the booth during Minnesota's eight-win season.

"If you don't have true interest, there's no sense in interviewing," Claeys said after Thursday's second spring practice. "I love the guys I work with. I love the guy I work for at the top. For me to leave, it would have to be something really good. There was nothing there I would say is a better job than being at the University of Minnesota."

Coaches switch

Brian Anderson is now coaching wide receivers and Pat Poore is coaching running backs, Kill confirmed.

Anderson and Poore switched roles from last season, but Kill said it's not a significant change.

http://www.twincities.com/gophers/c...-tracy-claeys-turned-down-coaching-interviews

Go Gophers!!

Based on that blurb it would most likely take a BCS level head coaching offer for Claeys to go which as a Gopher fan is great to hear because I think he is still at minimum a few years away from being the kind of candidate that would attract those offers.

Top Bottom