PiPress: Texas Bowl tickets are going but not gone

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Marcus:

"We're probably at about 2,300-2,400 tickets right now that have been distributed from our department," Benedict said. "As of right now, we're further ahead than where we were at this point last year. The challenge is that we have about a week left to pull all this off."

Lisa Lewis, CEO of the U of M alumni association, anticipates the Gophers will have more fans travel with the team to Houston than last year. The first charter plane to Houston was sold out Wednesday. A second one is expected to be filled up soon.

"Given the fact that we're going to the same destination, I think that shows we have a lot of Gophers pride," Lewis said. "People are really feeling good about the team and the prospects of where we're going."

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci...rce=rss&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Go Gophers!!

I went last year and will be there again this year. I'm pleasantly surprised that we'll equal or better last year's attendance. Pretty cool.

Go Gophers!

If those numbers (2300) are correct (I'm hoping their not counting donated tickets purchased) then I think the Gophers fan base did well. Most people thought they had little chance to equal the 2,000 plus tickets purchased last year.

the u will (and rightfully should) use whatever number sounds the biggest. of course they are including donated tickets, tickets they are giving away, etc. every school does that. inflate, inflate, inflate. we won't get a good sense of how many gopher fans are at the game until the game, until then, inflate!

Top Bottom