PiPress: Ra'Shede Hageman says an early exit to the NFL is worth considering

50 more lbs? Wow, that is an absurd amount of weight to put on! A lot of d-ends currently have a playing weight of 265-290lbs, I think if Hageman stays around 315 he will be plenty big. I would say he needs to work more on his overall pass rush moves and explosion.
You're right that 50 might be excessive and bad for his long term physical health. I just don't think he would be heavy enough right now to play DT in the NFL.

So many Pro Scouts here on GopherHole. Why aren't we making the big bucks finding the next SuperBowl Champions?
So many Pro Refs here on GopherHole. Why aren't they making the big bucks refereeing the next Super Bowl?

You're right that 50 might be excessive and bad for his long term physical health. I just don't think he would be heavy enough right now to play DT in the NFL.

Kevin Williams is listed at 311 which is probably light, but Hageman is listed at 301 which also probably a little light

Hageman would need to put on a little bit of weight to get NFL ready. Another 10 or 15 pounds would do him well. Also, if he were to make it as a DT in the NFL he would need to shore up his run stuffing. He is just not ready to go to the NFL after this year. He would be making a poor decision leaving early. He is still too raw and would get owned by NFL guards.

Hageman would need to put on a little bit of weight to get NFL ready. Another 10 or 15 pounds would do him well. Also, if he were to make it as a DT in the NFL he would need to shore up his run stuffing. He is just not ready to go to the NFL after this year. He would be making a poor decision leaving early. He is still too raw and would get owned by NFL guards.

Just getting older Hageman will put on more weight. I think he would be fine in the nfl tomorrow or next year. I doubt a single year extra at Minnesota is going to take him from getting "owned" by nfl guards to being effective. In fact I would say If he left early he would be further ahead in 2 yrs by leaving early compared to staying because of practice restrictions in college.

I agree with Sportsfan24

If Hageman has a fourth round or higher evaluation by pro scouts he should come out for the draft.
Even with learning to do, he is better off leaving early if especially he is a top 3 rounds pick.
Needless to say his parents are going to have to help him out with this process, in that there going
to have to help him find an advisor and likely buy an insurance policy.
I would say after his junior year
he is likely an NFL draft pick, just not sure if it would be worth it for him to go if it were 5th round or lower.
He is a guy that will need to go through the evaluation process.

He should take the ins. policy, because he is not ready yet. Unless he gets more dominating in the last few weeks.

He has the measurables for an NFL DT, if not the skills. If he gets evaluated and tests out as a 4th rounder or higher, he can get paid to learn.

Was it me or did Ra'Shede play a lot less then usual today? The two offsides (which he was also guilty of last week) maybe? Hoping no injury.

As former M man I've been able to attend practices and also watched all of RH's games. He is a beast physically, but he plays high and has trouble with technically sound OLinemen. They get under his pads and he puts his roller skates on and gets driven back into the linebackers. He is still raw and gets frustrated easily and sometimes starts swatting trying to throw people aside. Bottom line he is not entirely comfortable playing the position quite yet. The pros will not be as patient with a raw talent if they see don't quick progress. He may get drafted in the 4th or fifth round but he has to play lower at 6'6. He has to weigh the coaching he is getting now vs in the pros. Not all pro coaches are good. He'll have to look around the NFL on what teams have good D line coaches. NFL contracts are not guaranteed and a 4th or 5th round signing bonus ain't much.

Wore yet the Saints gave up 2 1st round picks(#17 and #18) to draft Sullivan.

No he didn't. Kiper's top 5 Junior DT's ($) His list was published on Halloween.

Johnathan Hankins 6-3335 tOSU
Sheldon Richardson 6-4295 Mizz
Sharrif Floyd 6-3295 FL
Bennie Logan 6-3287 LSU
Kwame Geathers 6-6355 GA

ESPN's NFL Draft Blog ($) Also throws out two other names that will go high in the first round.

Utah's Star Lotulelei (Their highest graded player BTW)
UNC's Sylvester Williams

Surprised to see this. Don't remember exactly my source but I believe it was a graphic they put up on ESPN College Football show while they were talking about one of the better Sr. DT's. maybe it was someone other than Kuyper. I just remember that I was surprised to see his name on such a list. Will try to track it down.

In this link he responds to a question about DT's with six names he expects to go first round, then mentions Hageman as one of four other worthy draft candidates. I suspect Kuyper was my source. He makes a living off of updating his draft lists with stock up / stock down reports. But I'm certain it was something i saw rather than read.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/45499/football-guru-mel-kiper

I just want more guys on Sunday Night Football saying "University of Minnesota" during the introductions...

After Raheed watches todays film against a good college O-Line he should reconsider any thought of turning pro. He still needs work, technique and strength and quickness. NOT READY

Top Bottom