PiPress: Gophers expecting big things from QB Mitch Leidner

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Marcus:

"You hear about Peyton Manning all the time and what he does," Kill said. "Mitch has to get that group of guys and keep throwing and throwing. Then we get the rookies in and keep throwing and throwing and create timing with the players who are going to play every down and every snap. That's the critical piece going into fall camp."

Leidner had a strong spring as a passer, saying at one point that his confidence was "as high as it's ever been."

"Not only do I feel like I'm the first guy," he said. "But being older now and having more (experience) -- that feels good."

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_25924685/gophers-expecting-big-things-from-qb-mitch-leidner

Go Gophers!!

Safe to click on the link. Marcus. Good insight for a flavor of this year's offense. Leidner the QB, not the runner who throws the ball.

Marcus. Good insight for a flavor of this year's offense. Leidner the QB, not the runner who throws the ball

will comment in 41 days.

"With the help of Maiuri, Leidner has put together a program to work on specific areas such as silent cadence, two-minute drill situations, screen passes and jet sweep handoffs."

Based on our two-minute drills seen throughout the Kill era, I can only hope this is an area of emphasis lol

"With the help of Maiuri, Leidner has put together a program to work on specific areas such as silent cadence, two-minute drill situations, screen passes and jet sweep handoffs."

Based on our two-minute drills seen throughout the Kill era, I can only hope this is an area of emphasis lol

Agreed. I've beat this horse before but that was one of the most disturbing things about the team last year. A real WTF situation.

Their ppg and w/l ratio could be significantly affected if they can field even a decent two minute drill.

Top Bottom