PiPress: Freshman Dupree McBrayer playing himself into larger role

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Marcus:

Richard Pitino talked about making a lineup change after the Gophers' humbling 14-point loss to South Dakota State at home Tuesday.

It appears to be coming.

Minnesota's third-year basketball coach said Friday that freshman guard Dupree McBrayer could start and have a bigger role Saturday against Oklahoma State in Sioux Falls, S.D.

"I don't think we're going to abandon anything necessarily," Pitino said. "I think we'll do some different things. We worked a little bit (Thursday) on doing a couple different things. I think Dupree showed he's been pretty good. I think he's starting to evolve a little bit."

McBrayer is averaging 3.3 points, 1.7 rebounds and 1.7 assists in 16 minutes, but he had a career-high 13 points on 9-for-10 free-throw shooting in 28 minutes against South Dakota State.

"Dupree is setting himself aside by 'Keep playing and playing hard,' " sophomore guard Nate Mason said. "I feel like he's playing hard all 40 minutes every time he gets in the game. He's definitely earned that spot."

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci...rce=rss&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Go Gophers!!

He's starting to show some good things, along with having one of the best names in college bb.

It's real hard to top Lionheart Leslie @ #2 !! But Scootchie Smith @ #1 did just that...

Some of us are still clinging to Bootsie Thornton...Scootchie is great, but after so many years of guys with two first names its great to have a guy with two last names.

My personal favorite from a few years ago: Chief Kickingstallionsims.

Basketball- Baskerville Holmes
Football- Hiawatha Francisco

Top Bottom