PiPress: 9-year-old St. Paul boy delivers petition to fire Gophers coach Tracy Claeys

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Mara:

Even though the Gophers football team won their bowl game Tuesday night, Will Bitenc, a 9-year-old St. Paul student, wants the coach fired.

For Will and others, it’s not about Tracy Claeys’s record as a coach, but how he responded to a sex scandal involving at least 10 players. The boy, his mother and two others on Wednesday delivered a petition to fire Claeys to the University of Minnesota’s athletics department and the president’s office. More than 2,600 people had signed the petition as of Wednesday afternoon.

“We need a coach that can lead and inspire,” said Will, a fourth-grader at Adams Spanish Immersion School, as he stood outside the U’s Gibson-Nagurski football practice facility on Wednesday. “Being a coach is a big responsibility, and we need someone who could support the team and to encourage them not to do sexual violence.”

http://www.twincities.com/2016/12/2...l-coach-delivered-by-9-year-old-from-st-paul/

Go Gophers!!

Glad that the upstanding people behind this petition are staying classy by exploiting a 9 year old for their purposes...nothing says Christian like exploitation of little boys.

per Mara:

Even though the Gophers football team won their bowl game Tuesday night, Will Bitenc, a 9-year-old St. Paul student, wants the coach fired.

For Will and others, it’s not about Tracy Claeys’s record as a coach, but how he responded to a sex scandal involving at least 10 players. The boy, his mother and two others on Wednesday delivered a petition to fire Claeys to the University of Minnesota’s athletics department and the president’s office. More than 2,600 people had signed the petition as of Wednesday afternoon.

“We need a coach that can lead and inspire,” said Will, a fourth-grader at Adams Spanish Immersion School, as he stood outside the U’s Gibson-Nagurski football practice facility on Wednesday. “Being a coach is a big responsibility, and we need someone who could support the team and to encourage them not to do sexual violence.”

http://www.twincities.com/2016/12/2...l-coach-delivered-by-9-year-old-from-st-paul/

Go Gophers!!

This kid's (single) Mom must be a real piece of work. :rolleyes:

What did Claeys do that made so many people mad? Should a football coach not support his non-involved players?

Glad that the upstanding people behind this petition are staying classy by exploiting a 9 year old for their purposes...nothing says Christian like exploitation of little boys.

Is right. ;)

Got to be the stupidest story I've ever read. At some point, we'll find out it's some stunt to get a reality show.

was Tracey Claey's tweet tone deaf? hell yeah.

was it a fireable offense? hell no.

I still don't get the issue with TC's tweet. There are some complete loons who insist he was saying he was proud of his players training a girl, but do rational people really think that? If not, what was bad about his post. So dumb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's an idea: ask for a meeting with Claeys and Coyle. Hear them out. Regardless of where you stand on all that happened, I would hope that we can all agree that miscommunication was an issue.

These folks should start raising the funds to buyout Claeys and his assistants. I'd be interested in seeing how much they could raise.

How is it that Claeys is getting more criticism than Adrian Peterson got for being convicted of beating a child?

After some research I see that this lady (who used her poor 9 year old son as a PR prop) is friends with the uber liberal twat (Joe Nathan) who started this ridiculous petition in the first place. He was also present at their production today. That said, and not surprisingly, their whole little made for media event today was entirely orchestrated. They are both essentially professional activists and this is their current "cause du jour".

That she would intentionally use her son like this (probably not the first time either), likely forcing him to participate in her and Joe's activist production, and likely writing his rehearsed lines for him, is ridiculous to say the least.

I still don't get the issue with TC's tweet. There are some complete loons who insist he was saying he was proud of his players training a girl, but do rational people really think that? If not, what was bad about his post. So dumb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad I'm not the only one.

+1. Absolutely ridiculous.
And congratulations to the Pioneer Press for running the story. What fabulous institution of journalistic integrity.

After some research I see that this lady (who used her poor 9 year old son as a PR prop) is friends with the uber liberal twat (Joe Nathan) who started this ridiculous petition in the first place. He was also present at their production today. That said, and not surprisingly, their whole little made for media event today was entirely orchestrated. They are both essentially professional activists and this is their current "cause du jour".

That she would intentionally use her son like this (probably not the first time either), likely forcing him to participate in her and Joe's activist production, and likely writing his rehearsed lines for him, is ridiculous to say the least.

I'd pay to watch Duke tackle Joe Nathan.

Great post...agree 100%, it doesn't a fit the narrative so of course people are not going to be rational about it.

I like the young man's quote which was clearly written by his mother...so young man since you are a football man and understand what makes a good coach how many games have you been to, let alone watched on tv? I'm going to start the under at 1 for even seeing a game on tv. They don't exactly strike me as football folks.

I like to say that I am shocked that someone like this would use their 9 year old to drive their politcal narrative, but I can't say that I am.

It sounds like the stunt fell on deaf ears, maybe tomorrow this lady will have her cat start a petition to fire Claeys.

I use to like the PP better than the Strib for their fairness of articles. Seems like they are following their neighbor's to the west lead.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I like to say that I am shocked that someone like this would use their 9 year old to drive their politcal narrative, but I can't say that I am.

It sounds like the stunt fell on deaf ears, maybe tomorrow this lady will have her cat start a petition to fire Claeys.

There were only 4 people in that "group" that presented the petition. It was just his turn. Heck if there were cats in the area the bleeps at KSTP would have just boasted about the diversity of the group..

Totally agree. What a joke.

When you scratch a progressive, you'll find a fascist underneath.

As a progressive, I realize our side is given to knee-jerk reactions such as this.

Claeys probably would have agreed to a sit-down some time in the next week with the fire Claeys petition leaders to hear them out and to let them hear him out. But no, they need a publicity stunt like this to get attention.

As a progressive, I realize our side is given to knee-jerk reactions such as this.

If you are referring to "social lynching," I agree, progressives are prone to doing this and destroying peoples lives.

If you are referring to "social lynching," I agree, progressives are prone to doing this and destroying peoples lives.

And the confederate hold outs in the South just went with the old fashioned lynching.

Top Bottom