Picture of Black Helmets GOPHERS WILL WEAR vs. NEBRASKA THIS SATURDAY!!!

I wish we brought back the outline of the state on the back of the helmet. It was one of the few things I liked from the Brewster era.

I wish we brought back the outline of the state on the back of the helmet. It was one of the few things I liked from the Brewster era.

I would like to see them on the shoulder or upper part of sleeve.

http://img2.embroiderydesigns.com/StockDesign/Large/Oklahoma_Embroidery/bdmno.jpg
bdmno.jpg

Maybe I'm in the minority but I liked the white helmets. Wouldn't mind seeing those again once a year. Doesn't really work against Nebraska or Wisconsin though.

They were cool & it's already been proven that these younger recruits are attracted to schools that rock different looks. I think we might be the only team in the Big Ten that hasn't done something interesting with our uniforms this season...

It's a new generation... it'd be nice if we did some variations... maroon on maroon all year looks boring... have we just abandoned gold altogether? Sheesh...

I like the white helmets a few years back. Change it up for a game or two.

I love the school colors. I'd prefer maroon top, gold bottom for our "dark" uniforms, and gold top, maroon bottom for our "white" uniform. Not a big fan of white uniforms, so I love have gold as one of our colors that can substittue for us.

Personally, between the two uniforms I gave, I'd rather us use the maroon top at home.

The all-white uniforms with the old-timey white helmet were the best. I'd love to see them come back. I also wouldn't mind seeing an alternate helmet with Goldy on it in some fashion. I think it's improtant to always stick with the school colors, but mixing it up a bit is nice. i like the new uniforms, but there can be other combos added.

No black. Ever.

Apparently, you haven't seen Wisconsin's helmets lately. They look more like the original Indiana helmets with the IU than anything else.

Glad to see I am not the only one that got an Indiana vibe off the Wisconsin uniforms. Thought it was kind of strange.

About a 3 minute mock-up of a Matte Black helmet. FWIW:

nKi2r0D.jpg

Doesn't look terrible but also doesn't look all that different from what we have now because the maroon we use is really dark already.

Would love to see white helmets again or if done right a gold helmet of some kind would make a lot of sense but you have to be careful with gold because it doesn't take much to make it look really bad.

About a 3 minute mock-up of a Matte Black helmet. FWIW:

nKi2r0D.jpg

Not bad and no I don't get the impression we will look more like Iowa at all. That's just overreacting. If you want to be technical and say black isn't one of our school colors then black is technically not a color and is really the absence of color so not a big deal.

Not bad and no I don't get the impression we will look more like Iowa at all. That's just overreacting. If you want to be technical and say black isn't one of our school colors then black is technically not a color and is really the absence of color so not a big deal.

You must have gotten straight A's in rationalizing.

Like many of you, I like the traditional options within the Maroon and Gold colors, with perhaps some white or black as highlights. Though we may never acheive "helmet school" status, leave the dopey gimmicks for schools with lesser traditions. Also, my preference would be to do away with the yellow that too often masquerades as gold.

Don't take away reasons to hate Oregon!

I think it is good for recruiting to switch it up every once and a while. I loved the white helmets and I think the black helmets would be a good idea as well. The current uniforms are great, but it doesn't hurt to do something different for at least one game during the year.

We should wear a camoflage chrome matte helmet with a pink M for breast cancer awareness.

Like many of you, I like the traditional options within the Maroon and Gold colors, with perhaps some white or black as highlights. Though we may never acheive "helmet school" status, leave the dopey gimmicks for schools with lesser traditions. Also, my preference would be to do away with the yellow that too often masquerades as gold.

Don't take away reasons to hate Oregon!

It's ok Biff Tannen you don't have to be stuck in the past forever...

White M Helmet.jpg

With a little tweaking, I still love this as a potential alternate white helmet. I think this was from the Gopher Equip people last year?

yuck

Heck no!!!
Let's find the uniform combo (I have already state my pick would be all maroon at home and all white on the road) and stick with it!

I love Indiana's football uniforms, but their helmet antics this year are ruining it for me.

Top Bottom