Picture of Black Helmets GOPHERS WILL WEAR vs. NEBRASKA THIS SATURDAY!!!

Heck no!!!
Let's find the uniform combo (I have already state my pick would be all maroon at home and all white on the road) and stick with it!

I love Indiana's football uniforms, but their helmet antics this year are ruining it for me.

With our Top Shelf marketing department, I am surprised they didn't call for a "Maroon Out" to blend in with the red...

gophers141 said:
Just kidding...but gosh wouldn't this be sweet.

Just say no to BFBS. A black helmet with a gold logo? Go hawks!

Really glad this was a hoax. A black helmet would be a terrible idea. I also agree with the other poster that said Indiana is going overboard with all the different helmets this season.

I remember the all black basketball uniforms vs St. Johns in '97. I thought they were great so I'm game

I was looking forward to something new for a game. I don't mind it when it is done every once in a while.

Really glad this was a hoax. A black helmet would be a terrible idea. I also agree with the other poster that said Indiana is going overboard with all the different helmets this season.

I think it's hilarious. That's a move usually reserved for a team that's expecting some major success. Indiana came out with those and the results haven't been spectacular. I remember my college team tried that ONCE with our biggest rival; coaches broke out some black jerseys specially made for just THAT game (not our normal colors); we got rolled, and it was widely understood by everyone that those jerseys were NOT to be worn ever again; not around campus, anywhere. I still have it, but I've never put it on. Dark memories.

I'm hoping like hell that Indiana does NOT become bowl eligible this year. That could put a major speed bump in their rebuilding process. Then again, with them in the East Division pretty soon, it's not like they'll be an annual game with the Gophers.

A matte black helmet and SHINY gold block 'M', oh man....that'd be tight.

That would've been dope. Watching other teams in the Big Ten change it up every once in a while is refreshing & is very appealing to recruits... just wish we'd be a little flashy more then once or twice a Season... it's a new era...

Everything old becomes new again. I can't wait until it's "hip" to simply wear your school colors with big, easy-to-read numbers again. Penn State does it right (as far as uniforms are concerned, I can't support their enabling of a convicted child rapist). It's to the point where half these teams wear costumes, not uniforms.

We can change it up without throwing in a color that 1) isn't a school color and 2) makes us look like one of our primary rivals' colors (Black and Gold). Home combinations include: All gold, gold top/maroon bottom, maroon top/gold bottom, all maroon. Hell, even a matte gold helmet with maroon block M could be cool on the all maroons. But black? Hell no. Thankfully this was a joke.

I remember the all black basketball uniforms vs St. Johns in '97. I thought they were great so I'm game

It was pretty cool looking. I had a bball warm up from that year that was black with a maroon and gold block M and maroon and gold trim. Thought it looked pretty BA.

I have no problem with a school using a white or black background color behind their school colors.

I did a quick mock up making the black matte, and leaving the "M" as is. And it looked like @ss. I didn't even save the photoshop file. I might do another quick and dirty one tomorrow when I get in the office just to post it here. Suffice to say that I'm glad it's a hoax.

At no point in history should the Golden Gopher football team wear anything uniform related that makes them look more like the Iowa Hawkeyes. This shouldn't even be a debate.

I love the uniforms we have. No need to change it up. If you have to, I'd be open to seeing a possible gold helmet. But really, our helmet is perfect. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Regarding IU: I actually am starting to like the red helmet that has the Indiana state logo on one side. That one if pretty cool.

I did a quick mock up making the black matte, and leaving the "M" as is. And it looked like @ss. I didn't even save the photoshop file. I might do another quick and dirty one tomorrow when I get in the office just to post it here. Suffice to say that I'm glad it's a hoax.
Perhaps you should just focus on your job.

Have we worn gold pants at all this year? Wish we would bring maroon jerseys with gold pants back as our main home uniforms. However, my guess would be we'll see maroon on maroon again this week.

OP is the guy with the football...

v5jus1.jpg

Basketball team had all black warm ups last year, didn't look too bad.

Just kidding...but gosh wouldn't this be sweet.

NO

Why would you want the Minnesota Gophers wear Iowa Hawkeye colors?

Edit: Why do our Golden Gophers keep wearing less and less gold? Basketball and Football both.

Maybe I'm in the minority but I liked the white helmets. Wouldn't mind seeing those again once a year. Doesn't really work against Nebraska or Wisconsin though.

Maybe I'm in the minority but I liked the white helmets. Wouldn't mind seeing those again once a year. Doesn't really work against Nebraska or Wisconsin though.

Apparently, you haven't seen Wisconsin's helmets lately. They look more like the original Indiana helmets with the IU than anything else.

Top Bottom