Photo: Heck of a pre-game party for the students!!

BleedGopher

Reaction score
This pre-game party was on University Avenue, albeit a tad hidden. I haven't seen a pre-party like this on campus before. Very impressive.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

They have a party like that every week before a home game. That's the apartment that I live in, it's always crazy on gameday and a great atmosphere.

That's at FloCo. When I lived there, everyone considered it more of a "party place". So not too surprised by that scene!

Very cool.

It was great to see the student section full.

A bit disappointing to see it thin out substantially well before the game was over.

This year's Halloween may be crazier than Michigan State in 2009.

Good for them.

The Greek front lawns should be packed with partiers.

This is amazing!! Proves you don't need to have an organized event to make big things happen. Just create an event kids want to go to and they will figure out the pre party on their own. I kinda wish I was somewhere in the middle there, but then again Frank the Tank doesn't need to come out to play.

Good for them.

The Greek front lawns should be packed with partiers.
Would be if prudes in parts of the U administration a few years back didn't annoyingly enact some of their over the top rules around alcohol consumption at game day parties at unversity sanctioned Greek houses.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Who gets to clean up all the mess left behind on the ground?

D@ng! Why do I have to become old?

This is amazing!! Proves you don't need to have an organized event to make big things happen. Just create an event kids want to go to and they will figure out the pre party on their own. I kinda wish I was somewhere in the middle there, but then again Frank the Tank doesn't need to come out to play.

FloCo is extremely well organized and has a ton of security/police. They encourage students to come party there because it helps them sell apartments. FloCo is a big party area and they want people to pay a premium to live at the party.

Would be if prudes in parts of the U administration a few years back didn't annoyingly enact some of their over the top rules around alcohol consumption at game day parties at unversity sanctioned Greek houses.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I was the president of my fraternity when most of the regulations were put in place, so I sat on the Inter-Fraternity Council. For the most part, the regulations were self-imposed. This was all happening at a time where people were reporting assaults at a couple houses, and there were a few other reports of underage kids getting way too drunk and saying that they remember being given booze at this or that frat.

I have no idea if the current rules are a descendant of those regulations, but I just want to clarify that it's not always the U that is behind this stuff. At least in this case it was self-imposed.

They have a party like that every week before a home game. That's the apartment that I live in, it's always crazy on gameday and a great atmosphere.

We ride our bikes past this on the way to every home game (minus the horrible weather game we always get at least once). It's a moment when I curse my age.

We ride our bikes past this on the way to every home game (minus the horrible weather game we always get at least once). It's a moment when I curse my age.

Just call yourself Joey Freshwater.

Top Bottom