PHILIP NELSON: UPSIDE

Kind of the point I was trying to make. As a frosh Weber show a lot of promise. He wasn't throwing those bounce passes his first year. I think Nelson looks a lot like Weber when he was a freshman. Like I said, it's really only one game.

Messing with Weber's mechanics and handing him a new OC every year did not help his cause. He showed promise early on.

Messing with Weber's mechanics and handing him a new OC every year did not help his cause. He showed promise early on.

Bingo. This is exactly what some of our commentors do not have any concept of when it comes to the level of College Football.

Worst, most passive aggressive post I've read in awhile. He's a super talented kid and have you heard him during the press conferences; he's awesome? While none of us know what he's got in store for us, the sky's the limit.

Whenever I see a quarterback wearing #9 I always flash back to Tommy Kramer.

Seriously though, I think the best comparison at this point is Adam Weber (the better version of Adam).

The rotating coordinators was worrisome enough. But then throwing in messing with his mechanics, which seemed to only do him harm? Double whammy. The fact that Weber was sniffin gettin on an NFL squad (and still might be on a practice squad, not sure) tells you that the kid was legit, just bad circumstances kinda screwed him up.

After watching Nelson the past two games; the college player he reminds me most of is a guy named Shane Falco! Watch out B1G!

The rotating coordinators was worrisome enough. But then throwing in messing with his mechanics, which seemed to only do him harm? Double whammy. The fact that Weber was sniffin gettin on an NFL squad (and still might be on a practice squad, not sure) tells you that the kid was legit, just bad circumstances kinda screwed him up.

As mentioned before, he's on the Tampa Bay practice squad.

As mentioned before, he's on the Tampa Bay practice squad.

Not only that, he took snaps in preseason action this season for the Broncos. Much further than most college QBs make it. Probably has a solid chance to be a career clipboard holder if he can latch on somewhere. You have to be good just to be a clipboard holder.

The best college quarterback I have ever seen was Drew Brees. Nelson could get close but he has a long ways to go yet. He had two poor passes in the 3rd quarter close to the goal line that really showed he needs to improve consistency but given his trajectory of improvement the sky is the limit.

I can see some Chandler Harnish in Nelson.

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/R3r2QIv_pyo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Kind of the point I was trying to make. As a frosh Weber show a lot of promise. He wasn't throwing those bounce passes his first year. I think Nelson looks a lot like Weber when he was a freshman. Like I said, it's really only one game.
And Nelson already has as many wins as Weber did his freshman year.

I can see some Chandler Harnish in Nelson.

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/R3r2QIv_pyo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nelson and Harnish are definitely cut from the same cloth in terms of the size speed makup that clearly Kill and Limegrover want to run this offense. Harnish was a very sold player for NIU, hopefully Nelson can have a similar level of success at the BIG level as Harnish did in the MAC.

He reminds me of Chandler Harnish, Brooks Bollinger, potentially a slower Russell Wilson, Persa. . . that mold.

He has decent size, a decent arm, hopefully he continues being accurate with a quick release.

Top Bottom