Phil Nelson and MW @ New Prague

Nort73

Reaction score
Scarlets up 44-0 in the 2nd quarter (I believe). Nelson has 6 TDs (5 passing, 1 rushing) and a 2pt conversion on a rush. Is New Prague down this year? They are usually pretty solid from what I can remember.

Follow the game here: http://www.mnfootballhub.com/game/show/2088890

Fox9Sports FOX 9 Sports
RT:mad:MSHSLjohn At half its 55-0 Mankato West. Future #Gophers QB Philip Nelson is 10 of16 184 yds, 5 TDs, with 11 runs for 135 yds, one TD.

Sorry accidentally started the same thread. Yes, New Prague is predicted to be down this year. I was at the game and NP was thoroughly overmatched at all positions. I was very impressed with Nelson's decision making and accuracy. Most incompletions were due to dropped balls. Showed great tenacity in shedding tacklers and finding open receivers.

Nelson only played 1st Half!

I took in the game as well and Nelson was awesome. There were a couple drops and 1 or 2 where he and the WR were not on the same page. NP was over matched at every position. West kids all hit the weight room hard.

Link to John's journal.

Nelson did kick off in the first half, but it was because the kicker had a soccer game that conflicted. They went for 2 after every TD.

Top Bottom