Phil Miller blog: Regents told coaching pool is "very strong"

Interestingly it says more about who's working on the process than the strenght of the candidates:
"We have a very strong team working on that effort. Some of the names of people working with (athletic director Joel Maturi are) well-known names and well-respected."
And later: "It is this administration that will make the decision," Allen said. "There is a very large and strong group who have passion. Most work very quietly and very effectively behind the scenes. I want to assure you that the team working on the issue is knowledgeable and passionate. It's moving along well."
So this is really an effort to reaffirm people that JM is not doing this by himself.
At any rate, a positive response from the U.

good that things are still on the down low

The key phrase in that blog was that the regents were "updated in general terms". Glad that they didn't have a bunch of actual names in a powerpoint presentation. Otherwise, most of the regents would be on the phone with their favorite media bobo right now leaking the list.

Actually, while Maturi deserves much of the blame for the fail on his previous hire that led to this situation, this search has been done by and large under the radar. He should get some credit for that. I really don't think there have been any egregious leaks by anyone in the administration. Any stories have come from the candidates themselves (or their agents), or its been local media personalities spitballing on twitter to see what sticks.

Compare that to the most recent coaching searches at SCum or nd, that were a totally mismanaged media circus. Especially when these schools got repeatedly chumped by many of the coaches they were chasing after. It does help that we're not on ESPN's radar screen like those schools are, and that our local media is basically inept when it comes to doing any actual investigative journalism.

Agreed...I think.

I really don't think there have been any egregious leaks by anyone in the administration. Any stories have come from the candidates themselves (or their agents), or its been local media personalities spitballing on twitter to see what sticks.

QUOTE]

I'd agree with that. Didn't the folks over at GI say that Troy Calhoun would be hired 12/1? I wouldn't have a problem with that, but, if it's true, there was a leak. A big leak.
Maturi should continue to have big ears and a little mouth.

I really don't think there have been any egregious leaks by anyone in the administration. Any stories have come from the candidates themselves (or their agents), or its been local media personalities spitballing on twitter to see what sticks.

QUOTE]

I'd agree with that. Didn't the folks over at GI say that Troy Calhoun would be hired 12/1? I wouldn't have a problem with that, but, if it's true, there was a leak. A big leak.
Maturi should continue to have big ears and a little mouth.

It was not said.

I also agree that I hope they are not blowing smoke and out of no where Paul Chryst becomes a well respected and known throughout college football name.

If I had to guess, Mike Belotti's name came up just because I think he is one of those guys with a well respected name who Maturi threw out there.

After him I would assume Troy Calhoun

A Glimpse of Several of The "Strong" Candidates

muscle-man.jpg

I really hope they aren't blowing smoke about this. It will make me more mad than if we have to hire Brady Hoke or Sumlin.

Bring Harbaugh to Mpls now!

GM.

Sumlin would be a big-time hire for the Gophers. If we can't get Leach, Sumlin is my No. 1A.

Sumlin would be a big-time hire for the Gophers. If we can't get Leach, Sumlin is my No. 1A.

I hope the talk of the administration's disdain for Leach is just that. He would make the Bank one of the most hated places to play in the Big Ten. I think Sumlin would be a great hire too, but he would not generate as much excitement. Otherwise, I like Calhoun or Golden.

Have you ever received positive feedback that your posts are funny?

If so, that person was mistaken.

+1, not only are these stupid pictures not funny, they are annoying and trite

You don't like my posts?

Have you ever received positive feedback that your posts are funny?

If so, that person was mistaken.

You and your buddies think you know college football and sports in general, but you don't.

You take yourself and what you think you know WAY too seriously.

Laugh a little...life's way too short.

I know this for sure as I've got a cancer diagnosis.

You can apologize to me later.

Ummmm, what does anyone need to apologize for again? Are people supposed to like the pictures because of your very unfortunate situation which I hope you beat? Are we supposed to inquire about each other's health and well-being before any disagreement?

You can beat it though man. Seriously.

You and your buddies think you know college football and sports in general, but you don't.

A) Who are my "buddies"? I'd really like to know.

B) I'll compete in a test of knowledge in the realm of college football, sports, or most anything else anytime with you, pal.

You take yourself and what you think you know WAY too seriously.

You think that I may not know much, but I know funny, and you, sir, are not funny. Take pride, I guess, in being the Dane Cook of GopherHole.

Laugh a little...life's way too short.

I laugh often. Call me silly, but I laugh at things that are actually, you know, funny. There's no problem in being a humorist constantly, but if that's your schtick, you should probably throw some humor in there every once in a while. You know, just to change things up.

I know this for sure as I've got a cancer diagnosis.

I'm sorry for your situation, and I'm not sure what that has to do with anything, but since you want to get personal, I held my dead son in my arms two weeks ago. What else you got?

You can apologize to me later.

Let me know when I have something to apologize for.

Wahoo, you know the rules in the cancer vs. dead son pissing match. If you don't disclose what kind of cancer it is, it's an automatic forfeit.....

B) I'll compete in a test of knowledge in the realm of college football, sports, or most anything else anytime with you, pal.

You think that I may not know much, but I know funny, and you, sir, are not funny. Take pride, I guess, in being the Dane Cook of GopherHole.

I laugh often. Call me silly, but I laugh at things that are actually, you know, funny. There's no problem in being a humorist constantly, but if that's your schtick, you should probably throw some humor in there every once in a while. You know, just to change things up.

I'm sorry for your situation, and I'm not sure what that has to do with anything, but since you want to get personal, I held my dead son in my arms two weeks ago. What else you got?

A 10 on the Randy scale.

Bad, bad, bad example of someone to compare to "funny"...

Lengthy Post and A Lot of Work!

You must have a lot of time on your hands to spend time being the self-appointed humor monitor for the football forum.

When you attack people for their ideas on an internet college football forum that says a lot about you as a person and the anger that you must be feeling inside.

I hope you're getting some counseling and treatment for your anger and grief (dead kid).

Otherwise, your writing shows real signs of self-appointed genius!

Since you're so bright, (a genius) I think you should be viewed along side another person with your type of ability.

einstein.jpg

This thread has gotten out of hand...

Just so we're all clear, I was calling him the Dane Cook of GopherHole. And yes, it was an insult.

I am really sorry that your child passed away. A parent should never have to bury their child! However, that still gives you no reason to attack another poster personally because you happen to not find his posts humorous. You started this by your questionable reason for attacking his post. If it bothers you so much, just ignore his posts.

Top Bottom