Phil Mackey on "leadership and generosity of Jerry Kill"

I don't think Coyle was talking about Kill, considering PJ spent a while praising Kill.

I think he was talking about the Kill / Claeys era. PJ worked for Kill so it is natural for him to do that and also try to smooth things over. If Coyle would have come out and said "Claeys is not my kind of head coach or I have doubt about him being the long term guy and just paid him out this would have been no big deal.

This is the problem with Kaler and thus Coyle, they lead by truing to make people happy and so they used this to get Claeys out of there. All Coyle had to say is " we are making a change". Instead they took the approach of "changing the culture" and they screw things up the way they always do. Until that culture changes it is tough sledding in the Athletic department at the U.

I am ok with the hire (not my kinda coach) but challenging for B1G titles will not happen. I would take respectability. Not sure Claeys was the long term answer but he was hired during another quagmire caused by Kaler.

It seems that so many of the local media have ties from outside the state. Many from Iowa and Wisconsin.

Yes it's true, the draw of the Twin Cities Market pulls people from Iowa, the Dakotas and Wisconsin. If it's past Eau Claire though they should just stay in Sconny though right? Unless your a 4-5 star recruit coming to play for the U!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes it's true, the draw of the Twin Cities Market pulls people from Iowa, the Dakotas and Wisconsin. If it's past Eau Claire though they should just stay in Sconny though right? Unless your a 4-5 star recruit coming to play for the U!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I'd be cool with that.

Top Bottom