Phil Fulmer

NateDawgUM

bored with recruiting talk
Reaction score
What's he up to these days?

I think he has stated publicly that he still wants to coach. He just turned 60, so he probably has a good 10 years left before retirement age.

We do pretty well in the Fulmer Cup without him, so I don't think he would hurt us too much in that dept. ;)

He works for CBS college gameday.

I'm just kind of scared that he is out of touch with the youth of today which could mean a disconnect in recruiting.

Obviously that doesn't happen with the likes of Jo Pa and others.

Phil has said since he was fired at Tennessee he'd like to coach again in the right situation. What exactly the "right" situation is has never been defined.

Rumor is Fulmer interviewed for the Louisville job and some people were surprised when the Vanderbilt job opened up last minute Phil wasn't approached as a quick fix.

Aside from that, there is a large segment of the Tennessee fan base that wants to see Phil Fulmer back at Tennessee as athletic director. Depending upon what happens with a series of NCAA investigations into the basketball, football, and baseball programs that might be more realistic than you would think at first glance.

Fulmer is a good ol' boy, he's loyal, he was able to recruit top 15 classes to Tennessee, but I don't know that he'd be a great fit at Minnesota.

I was just looking up Fulmer today and reading about what he is up to. I would be interested to see what Fulmer could do or what assistants he would bring. He obviously brings some name recognition and some prestige, but I wonder if a-he would take the job or b-how much he has left.

qsjvaf.jpg

Top Bottom