PFF loves John Michael Schmitz

swingman

Reaction score
Highest-graded player: C John Michael Schmitz – 84.1 (3rd)
A boom-or-bust unit this fall, the Gophers' line allowed a sack or hit on 10.2% of their pass-blocking snaps (sixth-highest) but allowed just 84 total pressures this year. They paved the way for an explosive passing attack when Tanner Morgan had time, while Michael Schmitz led the Big Ten in overall grade at the center position.

Gophs at 45 overall...Ohio State, Iowa, Wi, IL, BYU, PSU, MI all in top 16.

Our o-line was definitely inconsistent. Some great games and some not so great games. I thought they would be a little better this year. Should be better next year with 1 more year of experience.

Schmitz was dominate in the Auburn game and against that all 5 star D-line. I was really impress with the interior of our line overall. Can't wait until next year, oh and he was a low 3 star guy . . . .those ratings, especially on linemen, mean very little. They are bringing back everyone from our O-line, correct?

Schmitz was dominate in the Auburn game and against that all 5 star D-line. I was really impress with the interior of our line overall. Can't wait until next year, oh and he was a low 3 star guy . . . .those ratings, especially on linemen, mean very little. They are bringing back everyone from our O-line, correct?
The top 6 all return! I expect this unit to really be fantastic next year. This will be the third year they have all played together. That 6 man offensive line will be a beast for everyone we play to have to deal with and will give Morgan all the time he needs to find Bateman and Bell!

Can Mo be effective as a pass catcher out of the backfield? Cause we should be able to release the RBs more next year.

Can Mo be effective as a pass catcher out of the backfield? Cause we should be able to release the RBs more next year.

Wont be an issue, because we’re releasing the tight end. ?

Wont be an issue, because we’re releasing the tight end. ?
Are you sure we have TEs? ;)

Which of our tight ends is the likely budding star as a receiver?

Which of our wide receivers will have fewer targets because we're throwing to the tight ends more frequently?

He's a stud. I watched back the Auburn game last night and saw him reach a 3-technique on one of Mo's big stretch/outside zone runs in the 4th quarter. That's unbelievably hard to do -- especially from the center position.

2nd highest graded interior OL in the Big Ten.

Should he be the starting center?

There will be plenty of passes available with Tyler J. graduating.

None of our te's look like stretch the field types, but is another thing for the defense to watch.

When you don't throw to the TE you wont be able to recruit those receiving types, they will just pick Iowa, Ohio ST, Penn St, Michigan.

Which of our tight ends is the likely budding star as a receiver?

Which of our wide receivers will have fewer targets because we're throwing to the tight ends more frequently?

There will be plenty of passes available with Tyler J. graduating.

None of our te's look like stretch the field types, but is another thing for the defense to watch.

When you don't throw to the TE you wont be able to recruit those receiving types, they will just pick Iowa, Ohio ST, Penn St, Michigan.

Hmmm...

Which 2019 offense would you rather have: Penn State, Michigan, Iowa... or Minnesota?

B1G TOTAL OFFENSE, 2019:

Highest-graded player: C John Michael Schmitz – 84.1 (3rd)
A boom-or-bust unit this fall, the Gophers' line allowed a sack or hit on 10.2% of their pass-blocking snaps (sixth-highest) but allowed just 84 total pressures this year. They paved the way for an explosive passing attack when Tanner Morgan had time, while Michael Schmitz led the Big Ten in overall grade at the center position.

Gophs at 45 overall...Ohio State, Iowa, Wi, IL, BYU, PSU, MI all in top 16.

Posted on March 9. 2019

It is often mentioned the possibility of moving C. Olson over to center and if so he will do a great job. I thought he had an outstanding year at Left Guard and as the season continued to improve so did his play. They are saying he has had a good off season and hopefully he has gained more strength in his lower body, as his one small weakness was anchoring in pass pro every once in awhile and that got better as the season moved on. The one name that is not brought up regarding the center position is John Schmitz. In watching him play last spring he was very quick, anchored well in the A B gap and hustled down field to finish blocks. He gave the appearance of being a very tough kid. He reminded me of a couple of very good centers back in the 60's by the names of Greg Larson and Steve Lundeen. I am also looking forward to seeing where Nathan Boe is at in the developmental stage of his career. I hear that the kid works his tail off and if so that can always play a big role in getting better every day.
it’s John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmitz dadadadadadada
it’s John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmitz dadadadadadada

Paulser 21 you are so correct as I felt like something was missing. Seeing the correct name, I can now hear the music. The radio station was KNUJ in New Ulm Mn.

Schmitz is a stud. Glad he's a Gopher! But what really matters is....

Can you just imagine the walk-up music possibilities if he were a baseball player!

He’s one of my favorite players. Really enjoy watching him play.

Top Bottom