Petrino is Out at Arkansas

Meh...just leaves more time to be outside riding his hog...and his motorcycle.

Although I'm sure it didn't happen that way . . . too bad the AD/President didn't leave a note on Petrino's locker telling him he was out.

Karma is an effin' bee-otch !

I'm shocked they fired him. Was the right thing to do, but I'm surprised Petrino's record of 21-5 and BCS bowl appearances didn't win out in the SEC.

Not surprised - the idiot deserves everything he has coming to him.

I've heard that Mike Grant may be interested :rolleyes:

Butch Davis wants the job and has ties and influential boosters of Arkansas on his side.

He had to be fired.
I was always a little hesitant about him, but he took the program to new levels.

I have a lot of respect for our AD. Tough position because we could have won
a lot of games, but we could have also been looked at as a University that cares
about only winning.

He had to be fired.
I was always a little hesitant about him, but he took the program to new levels.

a lot of games, but we could have also been looked at as a University that cares
about only winning.

The AD hit the ball out of the park with his press conference. I wonder if he'd like to come to MN. I'm sure we could find a MN tie.

Sadly, Petrino won't be out of a job very long. There'll be a school more than willing to take him on all in the name of winning. At the press conference the AD and Petrino will talk about contriteness and how the incident made him reevaluate things, he's a changed man, yadda, yadda, yadda, but he'll be the same D-bag he's always been.

Just give it about a year.

What's the old saying about lipstick and a pig? The AD handled himself well but he's also the the one that hired him in the first place.

Looks like Petrino ended up in a roadside ditch both literally and figuratively.

He had to be fired.

about only winning.

Who are you hoping for in the new hire?

Do they like their chili hot? Coach Brew is ready to go!

Sean Payton is available for now. He might also set up some bounty system there to play against Saban. He should be ready for cut throat SEC world.

Pork_Chop_medium.gif

Has Tubby Smith been mentioned as a replacement yet?

Top Bottom