Petition to Lower Prices for PSU/UW

hello-world

Reaction score
I would really like these games to be a sellout. Why is the ticket office pricing fans out of these games? Bring the prices down to a reasonable level. Jesus.

This is a college team, not the Minnesota Vikings.

If you don't sell the seats, you get $0 revenue.

Your incremental cost of service is essentially $0 so if you sell the tickets for any price, you're better off than not selling them at all.

If this game doesn't sell out then Coyle should be fired on the spot.

Nearly all of section 209 is still available 13 days from kickoff for an undefeated, ranked match-up in Minnesota. If the tickets aren't selling, it's because the prices are too high.

The product literally doesn't get better than this. This isn't about a lack of success anymore.

Last edited:

If prices were dropped, it would need to happen now. Otherwise, waiting until the last minute creates a dangerous precedent that fans can play chicken with the ticket office and see if they can get a better deal (and end up not going when they don't).

Got an email for 15% off the last two games. Guess they are gonna start with that to see how many people buy. and sec 209 is half available not sure what you mean nearly all of it is still available you mean 207?
"Gopher Football is 8-0 and ranked #13 in the nation! Take advantage of up to 15% off on additional tickets you need for remaining home games in 2019! Discounts vary by opponent and all inventory is based on availability. Bring your friends. Bring your maroon & gold. Bring the noise. We'll see you in TWO WEEKS!"

Got an email for 15% off the last two games. Guess they are gonna start with that to see how many people buy. and sec 209 is half available not sure what you mean nearly all of it is still available you mean 207?
"Gopher Football is 8-0 and ranked #13 in the nation! Take advantage of up to 15% off on additional tickets you need for remaining home games in 2019! Discounts vary by opponent and all inventory is based on availability. Bring your friends. Bring your maroon & gold. Bring the noise. We'll see you in TWO WEEKS!"

That's a season ticket holder discount...so for those of us that already have tickets. That's all great and everything. I suggested in another thread selling $40 tickets to either of the remaining home games with a non-refundable $200 or $250 deposit on next year's season tickets. This would be a win-win I would think.

They care more about revenue. Fewer ticket sales at a higher price can bring in more revenue than lower prices and a sold out stadium.

That's a season ticket holder discount...so for those of us that already have tickets. That's all great and everything. I suggested in another thread selling $40 tickets to either of the remaining home games with a non-refundable $200 or $250 deposit on next year's season tickets. This would be a win-win I would think.
Looking to the future? Stop it! Just kidding, that would actually be something to think about (next year's st). Especially if this year's team finishes strong, let the early people reap the benefits. Good idea.

I would really like these games to be a sellout. Why is the ticket office pricing fans out of these games? Bring the prices down to a reasonable level. Jesus.

This is a college team, not the Minnesota Vikings.

If you don't sell the seats, you get $0 revenue.

Your incremental cost of service is essentially $0 so if you sell the tickets for any price, you're better off than not selling them at all.

If this game doesn't sell out then Coyle should be fired on the spot.

Nearly all of section 209 is still available 13 days from kickoff for an undefeated, ranked match-up in Minnesota. If the tickets aren't selling, it's because the prices are too high.

The product literally doesn't get better than this. This isn't about a lack of success anymore.

The guy who brought in PJ? The guy who is probably going to be, if not already, negotiating an extension? The brilliance of GH at its finest.

The guy who brought in PJ? The guy who is probably going to be, if not already, negotiating an extension? The brilliance of GH at its finest.

I agree with the point you are making.

“Petitions” about things that have no impact are worthless, stupid, short-sighted and ludicrous. This one is worse than that.

Top Bottom