Peter Burns: CFP Semifinal Records: SEC 10-1; Big 10 2-6; Big 10 lost more semifinal games yesterday than SEC has lost in the entire 9 year history.

The SEC has had the best teams most years, including some teams that are right there as all time great teams (LSU 2019, Georgia 2021, maybe the 2020 Alabama team). No shit they’re going to win more. The P12 has won one game since its inception and this was the B12s first ever win as well. This is just another lazy tweet to try say the sec is the best conference, when in reality you’re just arguing that the likes of Alabama and Georgia are better than everyone else consistently, which is true. The conference after the elites are just like everyone else, like the bowl record shows every single year.

The best teams are in the SEC? Shocking news.

#4 Ohio State lost by 1 point to #1 ranked Georgia.

#5 Alabama only had to play overrated #11 Kansas State.

#9 Penn State won the Rose Bowl over #7 Utah.

#16 LSU was given an un unranked dessert.

SEC had easier matches.

It won’t matter
If you think Georgia wins that game if it isn’t day-commuting distance from home, I’d really like to gamble with you on football As often as possible. They definitely need every advantage they had. It was worth about 3-7 point to them.

#4 Ohio State lost by 1 point to #1 ranked Georgia.

#5 Alabama only had to play overrated #11 Kansas State.

#9 Penn State won the Rose Bowl over #7 Utah.

#16 LSU was given an un unranked dessert.

SEC had easier matches.
And then they ate shit in basically all their other bowl games.

If you think Georgia wins that game if it isn’t day-commuting distance from home, I’d really like to gamble with you on football As often as possible. They definitely need every advantage they had. It was worth about 3-7 point to them.
They would have lost if they hadn’t knocked out Harrison with a cheap shot.

This is the only game you could make that argument for. So I’ll give you 9-2.

Look at the scores for the other games. They’re blow outs. The only other close game was when Georgia travelled further than Oklahoma to the Rose Bowl and won in double OT. What’s the excuse there?

So 9-2 at worst. I’d gamble with you any day of the week if you’re delusional enough to think the SEC isn’t winning the majority of the expanded playoffs.

Top Bottom