Perspective

MNSpaniel

Reaction score
Yep ... we all want the Gophers to win. Some of us have been following the team for more than 40 years. Seen a lot of ups and downs .... probably more downs than ups. However, if the Gophers are your team ... their your team. It is ok to talk about areas to improve and some of our weakness. That is part of the discussion. However, in my opinion it is not ok to personally attack players ... especially as viciously as some of you do. Some of them are still teenagers.

There was a post about a young man from U Conn. who died this weekend. Now that is a tragedy. We lost a football game. It is greatly disappointing to lose and not look good in doing so but let's have some perspective.

Yep ... we all want the Gophers to win. Some of us have been following the team for more than 40 years. Seen a lot of ups and downs .... probably more downs than ups. However, if the Gophers are your team ... their your team. It is ok to talk about areas to improve and some of our weakness. That is part of the discussion. However, in my opinion it is not ok to personally attack players ... especially as viciously as some of you do. Some of them are still teenagers.

There was a post about a young man from U Conn. who died this weekend. Now that is a tragedy. We lost a football game. It is greatly disappointing to lose and not look good in doing so but let's have some perspective.

+1

How about more perspective: The players and coaches (they are, after all, the only ones that actually matter) think the people who post on this board are obsessive losers who have no idea what they are talking about. Fact.

Enjoy the game. Don't take what happens as a personal affront.

You are probably right 12th Man

You are probably right 12th Man. I can imagine the players commenting on all those crazies over on GopherHole.

You are probably right 12th Man. I can imagine the players commenting on all those crazies over on GopherHole.

Again, fact. The emphasis is on loser, however, not on crazy. It's the same at every school. Message boards have been a running joke for years.

Top Bottom