Perfect Storm

MaxyJR1

Reaction score
I know that this had been discussed in the past, but could the U of M put themselves in a better spot than with the hire of Kill and the move to KFAN? Add in that the Vikes are an unknown, Twins are done, Wild are an unknown, and the NBA is locked out.

The media with the local sites, papers, and BTN/FSN are all over this team.

Great opportunity to start that "concrete" foundation this year.

Go Gophers!

I know that this had been discussed in the past, but could the U of M put themselves in a better spot than with the hire of Kill and the move to KFAN? Add in that the Vikes are an unknown, Twins are done, Wild are an unknown, and the NBA is locked out.

The media with the local sites, papers, and BTN/FSN are all over this team.

Great opportunity to start that "concrete" foundation this year.

Go Gophers!

and maybe, just maybe the vikings will be sold and moved to LA in a couple years?!?! go back to 1960 when gopher football were the kings of minneapolis/st. paul and minnesota football scene.

just teasing....i know that royally pisses some people off on gopherhole when that type of comment is made about the vikings potentially being sold and moved considering their f-ed up stadium situation and the politicians surrounding it.

Well, depending on what the Vikes do it could be good for the Gophers. If the Gophers beat USC and run the non-conference schedule with the Vikes not doing much it could be very good.

Other than the U students, the Viking crowd on a average is much younger than the Gopher crowd. The Viking siblings came from the Bud Grant era
when the Gophers started their slide south in the Big Ten. You could never get a dead nuts on count regarding fans that follow both the Vikings and Gopher equally, but I would bet it is around 20%. My wife and I know quite a few people who have Viking season tickets and they don't give a rats ass about the Gopher's. These friends are in their late 40's and early 50's. There kids have probably never been to a Gopher game. Now when you move up to the early to mid 60's you see more Gopher fans and their kids tend to be Gopher fans. We've have 4 kids, and two are what you would call fair weather Viking fans because their spouses are. The other two wouldn't be caught dead wearing anything purple. Bottom line. If you raise your kids to be Gopher fans there is a pretty good chance their kids will also be Gopher fans. It starts at a young age folks. We were bringing our kids to the Dome and Williams Arena when they were 5 and 7 years old.

I don't understand at all why people are wishing ill on a Minnesota team... it just doesn't make sense to me.

Top Bottom