Per Sid: Late regent leaves $15m gift for Gopher FB facilities

Curseislifted33

Reaction score
Take it with a grain of salt because of you know who reporting it but hopefully it is true.

Per Sid:

The word is that David Larson, a former Cargill executive who passed away Oct. 25, left $15 million to the Gophers football program with the money set to go toward the building of a football practice facility. That facility is something coach Jerry Kill believes is very necessary for the program to be competitive.

Hopefully this isn't Sid being Sid again

Take it with a grain of salt because of you know who reporting it but hopefully it is true.

Per Sid:

The word is that David Larson, a former Cargill executive who passed away Oct. 25, left $15 million to the Gophers football program with the money set to go toward the building of a football practice facility. That facility is something coach Jerry Kill believes is very necessary for the program to be competitive.

Hopefully this isn't Sid being Sid again

:clap: Thank you Mr.Larson.

You guys badmouth Sid. Don't be surprised if he bequeaths his money to Gopher athletics when he leaves us for good. Sid loves the U.

You guys badmouth Sid. Don't be surprised if he bequeaths his money to Gopher athletics when he leaves us for good. Sid loves the U.

Do you mean "Guys who badmouth Sid"? Don't think I've typed anything worse than sympathizing with how he now sounds.

I heard this a couple weeks back from a VERY reliable source. It's true.

I hope Sid gets to make the ceremonious final donation to get over the hump.

Sid has stated several times he is through giving money to the U.

There will be a U-Haul behind Sid's hearse. He will take it with him.

Honest question here from a guy who really does not know. Is Sid worth a lot ?

Do we have any kind of running total for what % of the $190 million we have raised? This one donation is almost 10% of that on its own.

For what he's making through real estate dealings alone, apparently enough to elicit Bernie Madoff services, Sid has done quite well as a businessman.

Do we have any kind of running total for what % of the $190 million we have raised? This one donation is almost 10% of that on its own.

I heard we were at 80mil before this. Don't remember where I heard it, but I did hear it.

He's a millionare.

True, but more of a multi-millionaire. My brother specializes in real estate litigation, and did some legal work for him many years ago. He's done very well in real estate, owning apartment buildings, a huge place on the St. Croix. etc. And of course, all of those private tunnels he has between the Star Tribune and the sports venues downtown :)

True, but more of a multi-millionaire. My brother specializes in real estate litigation, and did some legal work for him many years ago. He's done very well in real estate, owning apartment buildings, a huge place on the St. Croix. etc. And of course, all of those private tunnels he has between the Star Tribune and the sports venues downtown :)

Yup yr right. I knew he was a millionare many times over. Just wasn't sure how many. I think he owned the land where the star tribune building is too.

I heard we were at 80mil before this. Don't remember where I heard it, but I did hear it.

The latest news article on NothingShortOfGreatness.com lists only $40 M, but that's from September. But I have to imagine it has grown since then.

I didn't hear it myself, but saw somewhere Lou Nanne said recently on KFAN we were at 70-75M. Not sure if that was including Mr. Larson's donation or not.

I respect the hell out of what he has done with his career and the fact he is still out there at his age is commendable, but the last 2 times he has reported something related to the new practice facility they both had to be retracted right away... Yeah I guess I am still salty about the ticket ordeal and took a cheap one I'll admit it

I didn't hear it myself, but saw somewhere Lou Nanne said recently on KFAN we were at 70-75M. Not sure if that was including Mr. Larson's donation or not.

I would assume it would include it. Heard about this donation a few weeks ago.

Lou Nanne reported on Barreiro this week that the U had raised between $75-80 million for the facilities. Of course at the time we didn't know about this donation, so it's hard to say if that figure accounts for the $15 million or not. Either way, very nice of Mr. Larson.

First, condolences to the Larson family. Second, thank you Mr. Larson for the generous gift. The U of M family appreciates it!

Cargill employee huh? How about that donation match?

Top Bottom