Per ESPN, Gophers 1 of 27 Teams Still in Playoff Contention

We need a name for this. The Sweet 27 doesn't sound right...

We need a name for this. The Sweet 27 doesn't sound right...

Especially since there are actually 37 teams in contention if you count the "on the fence" and "still in contention" categories.

I was thinking about the playoff system over the weekend. Would anybody else like to see the regular season get cut down to 10 games and go with a 32 team playoff at the end of the year? It would pretty awesome to have a tournament that is realistically accessible by everyone.

I was thinking about the playoff system over the weekend. Would anybody else like to see the regular season get cut down to 10 games and go with a 32 team playoff at the end of the year? It would pretty awesome to have a tournament that is realistically accessible by everyone.

No, No, No. I'd rather they just have an 8 or 12 team playoff.

If they could find a way to have divisions/conferences with automatic bids to the playoff and get the human politicking out of it.

I'd like to see 4 regions with 20 teams in each region. The regions divided into two 10 team divisions. You would play everyone in your division for 9 games and then can play anyone in the three open games for 12 total. The two division champs meet in a regional final, which is for purposes of a playoff a quarterfinal game. This would replace conference championship weekend. Semi finals on New Years Day and Final a week later. Every region gets 2 teams into the playoff and 80 teams can play their way into the playoffs. No more human factor.

No way. I'm a Gopher fan before a CFB fan. 12-13 is too few already.

Your idea is, IMHO, pretty stupid.

Top Bottom