Per Dave Schwartz from Kare11 Andre Mcdonald commits to Vandy

Here's what I'm saying:

Kill signed a contract with NIU. He broke it. He was fully within his rights to do so, and his penalty was a monetary sum.

McDonald made a verbal commitment to Minnesota. He broke it. He was fully within his rights to do so, and his penalty is the scorn, ridicule, and name-calling from Minnesota stakeholders who think he was a chowderhead for doing so.

And those players Kill recruited to Northern Illinois? All of them went because it's such a fine school and not because Kill convinced them to play for him? There's a level of commitment between a coach and the players he recruits. I really doubt that any of those kids are going to see a penny of Kill's buy-out, however legal it is. Guessing Kill was recruiting kids to come play for him at Northern Illinois and preaching "team" while he very well knew he might be gone.

Now, for the record, I'm glad Kill is here; I see nothing wrong with what he did. It's part of the way things are in big time college sports. Part of the way is also that kids change their minds. Pretty sure Mcdonald's life isn't going to be affected one bit by what we think although that "Benedict Mcdonald" line is so cuttingly witty I'm not sure about that.

Ya that is totally what I was saying. I was obviously using my life as an example to why it's not easy to choose a college. You sir are an idiot for not being able to tell that.

Sorry you had mental paralysis over picking a school. Hopefully it paid off in the end. I can't quite tell.

I'm pretty sure most on this board have no problem welcoming a solid recruit who previously de-committed from another school since it betters our team (enthusiasm over Michael Carter a few years ago comes to mind). I hope those of you who are so bitter about McDonald's change of heart and think he is a bad person remember that the next time we land a recruit who de-commits from another school.

Sorry you had mental paralysis over picking a school. Hopefully it paid off in the end. I can't quite tell.

You still don't understand what I'm saying? Well I hope you aren't an alumni of the U because it is not that complicated and I would hope anyone with a high school education would understand what I'm saying...

What a needlessly bitter comment. For the majority of kids transitioning from high school to college picking a school is a big decision, and that's when they're limited by things like geography and budget which presumably do not apply to prospects like Mcdonald.

Top Bottom