Pep rally(ies)

Gophs

Reaction score
I was just curious if the U is planning to do any pep rallies in The Vault on Friday nights before home games. I know Penn State does it. It's called "Rally in the Valley."

With Brewster's ability to fire up his team, it might not be a bad idea for him to fire up the students and some season ticket holders preceding a home game.

I think the perfect time to do this would be before the "Gold Out Game" against 'scony.' Think about it. The U could hand out free gold t-shirts that night. The use of the scoreboard could show the highlights of past Axe victories. The Band plays. Brewster speaks. etc...

Oh yeah, that would be a perfect weekend for recruits to come and visit.

Think about it.

I think it is a great idea. The only danger would be potential tiny turnouts. What comes first, the chicken or the egg? Does the program need to build to a certain level where an event like this is a "must see", or do events like this lay the foundation for building the program?

I agree with you though, if it was popular I could see it being a really fun event.

I love the idea, unfortunately I'd bet a big majority of our student population would rather spend their Friday night doing something that doesn't involve school spirit. I agree with Schnauzer that the biggest danger would be a tiny turnout.

Why not put it in a different venue? Most teams dont have rallies on the field. Even OSU does the skull session in the field house or some other building.

There is a men's hockey game the evening before the Wisconsin football game.

They are going to have something very similar to what you described on Friday night of Homecoming. The HC parade will come down University Ave. and then the band and crowd will file into TCF for the Pep Rally. They will have what you said plus "special guests" and fireworks. Not sure it would work every week though. HC could be a good start, though.

What is this "Vault" of which you speak?

I was just curious if the U is planning to do any pep rallies in The Vault on Friday nights before home games. I know Penn State does it. It's called "Rally in the Valley."

With Brewster's ability to fire up his team, it might not be a bad idea for him to fire up the students and some season ticket holders preceding a home game.

I think the perfect time to do this would be before the "Gold Out Game" against 'scony.' Think about it. The U could hand out free gold t-shirts that night. The use of the scoreboard could show the highlights of past Axe victories. The Band plays. Brewster speaks. etc...

Oh yeah, that would be a perfect weekend for recruits to come and visit.

Think about it.

Vault???? Are we all Vice Presidents if we go to a game?

Vault???? Are we all Vice Presidents if we go to a game?

OK. Not the Vault. Then what? I'm too lazy to type out TCF Bank Stadium everytime. So what should I call it? The Bank? The new Brickhouse? That awesome looking stadium on Oak and University?

Most people, including the players, coaches, and athletic dept. seem to be using "the bank". Some others like "the new brickhouse" for sentimental reasons. Very few seem to be using "the vault", which is a stretch anyway in my opinion.

Others like me like the classy "new Gopher stadium".

I just hope "vault" doesn't catch on.

Top Bottom