Penn State writer sees 10-2 for Gophers

swingman

Reaction score
  1. As per 2023, I legitimately don’t know what to expect. Let’s assume Ohio State and Michigan are both losses, that leaves you the entire West slate and Michigan State to deal with. If they can sweep, they wouldn’t be the first West team to lose to the Big Boys in the East and still make the championship game. Maybe Minnesota has a little bit of 2016 Wisconsin in them, which means they’ll face Penn State in the championship game, so that’s what I’m going with. 10-2.

to go 10-2, that means that almost everything has to go "right" for the Gophers.

to be sure, it could happen. but that's a heck of a tightrope to walk without a slip.

I still see 8-4 or 9-3 as more likely. but I could be wrong.
If this program is at the point where 8-4 is the floor for expectations, I’m happy. We’re way overdue to have an “everything goes our way “ type of season.

Penn State is always wrong!!!

Except when they are right….

to go 10-2, that means that almost everything has to go "right" for the Gophers.

to be sure, it could happen. but that's a heck of a tightrope to walk without a slip.

I still see 8-4 or 9-3 as more likely. but I could be wrong.
Yeah this would be one of the most impressive 10-2 seasons if it would happen. Schedule is tough.

8 wins will be very good…

I always assume 12-0 regular season and dial it back as we go. I would think the average decent fan would do the same. No question.

Watch the two losses not be Ohio State and Michigan but Iowa and Wisconsin and they still don't win the West

But 10-2 against this schedule would be the best regular season in the modern history of the program

Watch the two losses not be Ohio State and Michigan but Iowa and Wisconsin and they still don't win the West

But 10-2 against this schedule would be the best regular season in the modern history of the program
My prediction is a loss to Ohio State and Illinois. 10-2 here we come!

If we beat Nebraska and NC—big if as to NC—I feel like 9-3 is a real possibility. We probably have to chalk up Ohio State and Michigan as losses, but one of the two “monkeys on our back” has to drop this year: PJ has never beaten Captain Kirk and the Gophers have never beaten Big Bert. One monkey MUST fall in 2023 (two would be even better). Go Gophers. Speaking of monkeys …

Last edited:

If we beat Nebraska and NC—big if as to NC—I feel like 9-3 is a real possibility. We probably have to chalk up Ohio State and Michigan as losses, but one of the two “monkeys on our back” has to drop this year: PJ has never beaten Captain Kirk and the Gophers have never beaten Big Bert. One monkey MUST fall in 2023 (two would be even better). Go Gophers. Speaking of monkeys …
UNC is overrated.

If this program is at the point where 8-4 is the floor for expectations, I’m happy. We’re way overdue to have an “everything goes our way “ type of season.
We are way overdue for that type of year. But, for everything to go our way (I think that) we will have to benefit from some official's calls that make the difference in us winning a game or two that we otherwise would not have. My observation is that when push comes to shove, in tight games, I do not see us getting 50-50 calls, esp vs. Ohio St, MIchigan and Penn St. I think that we are looking at a 7-5 season....

Top Bottom