Penn State / Purdue

JJ is a very good college basketball player. His strength is a nice turnaround and a nice outside shot, and the ability to run the floor. He is very light and not very strong in the post however. At 6'10" and lucky to be 220 lbs he would have problems playing defense against pf or centers. He could match up with some taller and slower sf I guess. The outside shot is nice.

He isn't what the wolves need. They need a guard who can score and demand a double team and they need a very good defensive big guy. Not just a shot blocker like Darko but someone with athletisim to help out Love and Beasley, who will never be great defenisve players.

NBA scouts look at two major things:
1. Does a player have at least one NBA skill?
2. Can that player guard a position?

First I know I'm (very) biased but JJ isn't a very good college player he is a GREAT college player, with that said, I really don't think he is going to be a great NBA player. He isn't tall or big enough to be a 4 or 5 in the NBA which makes him a 3 or 4.

But there is a little Kevin Durant in his game. I don't know if he has the lateral quickness to guard a swing man but if he can tighten up his handle on the ball and some that the 18-19 ft jumper and translate it to an NBA range 3 he could be a very solid role player on a very good NBA team.

First I know I'm (very) biased but JJ isn't a very good college player he is a GREAT college player, with that said, I really don't think he is going to be a great NBA player. He isn't tall or big enough to be a 4 or 5 in the NBA which makes him a 3 or 4.

But there is a little Kevin Durant in his game. I don't know if he has the lateral quickness to guard a swing man but if he can tighten up his handle on the ball and some that the 18-19 ft jumper and translate it to an NBA range 3 he could be a very solid role player on a very good NBA team.

If his outside shooting translates well to the NBA, he could be a pretty good three.

He could be a good role player. But other than being similar height to Durant, I think the similarities end there. Durant has a 7'4" wing span, had unlimited range, handles like a guard, can face up and drive. JJ would have a tough time becomming a small forward at the next level. I see some Lorenzen Wright, Brandon Wright, basically any skinny big with an outside shot and average atheletism.

Top Bottom