Penn State, Purdue, Wisconsin, Iowa

gopherdudepart2

Reaction score
We the Gophers owe all of those programs a collective beating and taking all the trophy's. They have all made the list. That and we need to make it to Indianapolis next year to shove it up the collective Big 10 Conference's arses. Here is looking at you cheating Big 10 refs and Kevin Warren.

We the Gophers owe all of those programs a collective beating and taking all the trophy's. They have all made the list. That and we need to make it to Indianapolis next year to shove it up the collective Big 10 Conference's arses. Here is looking at you cheating Big 10 refs and Kevin Warren.
Umm…you good?

West Lafayette is about a 5 hour drive to Nashville. That's the only explanation I can come up with for the MCB picking them over us.

Umm…you good?
I'm allright just PO'd about Gophers getting dumped on in bowl selection for the umpteenth time. Our conference and AD never seem to do us any favors in this process.i hope we beat Penn State in Happy Valley again, we owe those toads for being rewarded well above where they should have been sent. WE need to beat Purdue every year regardless because Brohm is tool.

Last edited:

West Lafayette is about a 5 hour drive to Nashville. That's the only explanation I can come up with for the MCB picking them over us.
Purdue has wins over Iowa and Michigan state, both top 15

their worst loss is to wisconsin.

Last time Purdue was in the Music City Bowl they showed up well (2018). That is part of it. Wins over iowa and Michigan State help

Bowls are not rewards for teams. They are big Business looking for butts in seats and eyeballs on tvs to sell their city to potential vacationers.

Last edited:

Maybe we should just skip it then?
Yeah, that's the takeaway from that comment.

bowls make decisions based on what they think will bring them the most money. All the hand wringing about being skipped over by teams we beat does not concern the bowls. Period.

that has no bearing on whether we should go or not.

we should, in case that needs to be said.

We all share the B1G revenue so it doesn't hurt financially. Nashville stinks this time of year. Much rather be in Phoenix which is great this time of year. We got screwed but I'm headed to the bowl. Wouldn't have gone to Music City nor Nashville....would have probably gone to Outback again.

Maybe we should just skip it then?
That’ll show them! I’m sure bowls will line up left and right to select the Gophers when they realize the team and fans might not show up at all!

You are welcome to skip the bowl game if you aren’t happy with the selection.

That’ll show them! I’m sure bowls will line up left and right to select the Gophers when they realize the team and fans might not show up at all!

You are welcome to skip the bowl game if you aren’t happy with the selection.
It was a joke.

and they were soundly outplayed by MN at home
They outgained the gophers by 150 yards in a monsoon and lost:

they are playing in an equally as third tier bowl game.

Sorry if this offends you

I thought it might be. I responded to your post, but it’s more aimed at the “opt out” crowd in general.
It was probably a bad joke though.
I was bummed about Phoenix just due to the airfare. I love Arizona (especially Sedona/Flagstaff area) and would love to visit again, but not at $800 a ticket for a family of 4.
I was ready to do a driving trip to Nashville with a stop at Chicago on the way there and back. Tampa was a maybe too. But Phoenix is unfortunately a no-go due to price.

Top Bottom