Penn State Physically Buries Game Tape of 27-10 Loss to Temple

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per LostLettermen:

Penn State QB Christian Hackenberg wanted so badly to put his team’s 17-point loss to Temple behind him that he physically buried it in the ground.

According to a story in the Centre Daily Times, Hackenberg floated the idea to safety Jordan Lucas to bury DVDs of game tape, which the team then did. Literally.

“We brought everybody up after the coaches got off the field,” said Lucas. “We buried the tape. Actually buried the tape. With a shovel. On the practice field, right where we walked out … We all decided to do it. We just wanted to let the guys know that, ‘Hey, look, we’re not going to blow on past, the game is our fault, we’re going to bury this, it’s not the end of our season. It’s our first game of the season. We have 11 more opportunities and we’re fighting to get 12 more opportunities.’”

http://lostlettermen.com/penn-state-physically-buries-game-tape-of-27-10-loss-to-temple/

Go Gophers!!

per LostLettermen:

Penn State QB Christian Hackenberg wanted so badly to put his team’s 17-point loss to Temple behind him that he physically buried it in the ground.

According to a story in the Centre Daily Times, Hackenberg floated the idea to safety Jordan Lucas to bury DVDs of game tape, which the team then did. Literally.

“We brought everybody up after the coaches got off the field,” said Lucas. “We buried the tape. Actually buried the tape. With a shovel. On the practice field, right where we walked out … We all decided to do it. We just wanted to let the guys know that, ‘Hey, look, we’re not going to blow on past, the game is our fault, we’re going to bury this, it’s not the end of our season. It’s our first game of the season. We have 11 more opportunities and we’re fighting to get 12 more opportunities.’”

http://lostlettermen.com/penn-state-physically-buries-game-tape-of-27-10-loss-to-temple/

Go Gophers!!

I know Franklin is widely respected for his time at Vanderbilt, but I have a feeling he's misfired so far at PSU.
He's had way too much sizzle and not enough steak IMO. This type of thing reminds me of Coach Brew in a way that should really scare PSU fans.

And now it will be there forever, haunting every practice.

I know Franklin is widely respected for his time at Vanderbilt, but I have a feeling he's misfired so far at PSU.
He's had way too much sizzle and not enough steak IMO. This type of thing reminds me of Coach Brew in a way that should really scare PSU fans.

was thinking the same thing when i was watching the game. Waiting for the face down on the field from franklin to confirm.

Just watched Franklin's press conference. He's Brewster.

This approach is so dumb. If I was a PSU booster the simple fact that Franklin allowed such a stupid gesture to happen would make me worry about the future of the program. Bury the tape smh

Considering PSU's recent past, it is amazing that Franklin's past (trying to minimize a gang-rape) gets so little exposure.

Top Bottom