Penn State Football’s Academics Rank at the Bottom of Big Ten After Worst Score in a Decade

highwayman

Knows Less Than Coaching Staff
Reaction score

"Penn State football’s academic progress rate of 914 in the 2021-22 school year was its lowest in more than 10 years and continued a decline from its perfect mark of 1,000 in 2018-19...Teams with a score below 930 averaged across four years will be disciplined, and the NCAA will begin issuing penalties in spring 2024, according to the organization’s news release."

I must be missing something. Scores aren't exactly that far apart for about 5-7 schools. Secondly, are these scores based on grades only, or do they incorporate the "toughness" of the class? In other words, basketweaving and so forth.

I must be missing something. Scores aren't exactly that far apart for about 5-7 schools. Secondly, are these scores based on grades only, or do they incorporate the "toughness" of the class? In other words, basketweaving and so forth.
Did your football team go to class? How did their academic progress go? So how does it work?, the APR is calculated as follows:

From the NCAA , the APR is calculated as follows:

• Each student-athlete receiving athletically related financial aid earns one point for staying in school and one point for being academically eligible.
  • A team’s total points are divided by points possible and then multiplied by 1,000 to equal the team’s Academic Progress Rate.
  • In addition to a team’s current-year APR, its rolling four-year APR is also used to determine accountability.

#4 isn't too shabby, but somewhat suprised the PAC is that low.

But, I do like that the U is above michican't.

Give Penn State the death penalty!

(we already learned that they won't, no matter what)

#4 isn't too shabby, but somewhat suprised the PAC is that low.

But, I do like that the U is above michican't.
For those who haven’t clicked on the overall rankings:

NW and wi are not just tied for first in the B1G, they’re tied for first overall. OSU is #3 in the B1G and #7 overall. The U is #4 in the B1G and tied for #8 overall.

Iowa is #11/#68.

Not surprised about Penn State. Franklin would screw up a1 man parade.

Top Bottom