Penn State coach rumors to Florida State

Great Plains Gopher

Reaction score
247.com says there is "a mutual interest" between James Franklin and Florida State for the opening there. Four or five other coaches mentioned as in their sights, including PJ.

Not sure why Franklin would want to leave Penn State unless he is trying to make more money etc.

Think Franklin’s agent is just using FSU to get him a pay bump. Gotta imagine a place like USC would be the only school he would jump to.

That would surprise me too. But I have no finger on how well liked he is at Penn St. Seems to be a great coach that recruits well and has good teams. It would be an easy choice for me, but maybe he's got other reasons for Florida...

I read on Football Scoop that Franklin turned FSU down.

I think these are all rumors, probably propagated by agents looking to make more money. Franklin has no reason to leave PSU at this point.

Not sure why Franklin would want to leave Penn State unless he is trying to make more money etc.

well, more importantlay why would he leave for the Fl St dumpster fire?

i think your correct, it’s about money. I think it is also to get assurance from the AD, that he is on solid ground. The fan base hasn’t been to happy with him with his loss to us and the Buckeyes. He may not be sure where the boosters stand on him and is looking for some reassurance.

Last edited:

I could understand the appeal of not having to play OSU and Mich every year, but ACC to me seems like endangered country.
Big 12 and ACC will be questionable for strength for a while, and the ACC's launching of ACC Network at this time seems iffy.

Clemson has shown go undefeted and your in the playoff... Easier to be undefeated in the acc

Clemson has shown go undefeted and your in the playoff... Easier to be undefeated in the acc
I don't think anyone should be crapping on Clemson after winning 2 of the last 3 titles and being the only team in the country that can compete with Alabama. I don't care how bad the ACC is, that's not Clemson's fault.

I don't think anyone should be crapping on Clemson after winning 2 of the last 3 titles and being the only team in the country that can compete with Alabama. I don't care how bad the ACC is, that's not Clemson's fault.
I agree completely. My point is its Much easier path to the cfp in the acc than B1G

Top Bottom