Penn St. pursuing Demry Croft

Miles Tarver

Reaction score
I don't like this at all....I think Croft is perfect for us :(

Penn State Showing Interest In QB Committed To Big Ten Rival
Rockford (Minn.) Boylan senior quarterback Demry Croft, a Minnesota commit, tells 247Sports that "Penn State just asked for my unofficial transcripts," Wednesday morning.

The 6-foot-5, 187-pound Croft has been on the Nittany Lions radar dating back to the spring evaluation period. Penn State assistant Ricky Rahne was one of the first coaches to show interest in Croft, who is rated by 247Sports as the nation's No. 20 dual-threat quarterback.

Croft committed to Minnesota in June, but he wouldn't close the door if Penn State wanted to take things to another level.

"I will be interested once they talk about offers," Croft said.

The No. 7 prospect overall regardless of position, Croft is a raw quarterback prospect with a tremendous amount of upside.

Penn State has several quarterbacks on the radar after seeing long-time commit Brandon Wimbush backed out in favor of Notre Dame, so look for more names to begin popping up on the radar.

As a junior, Croft completed 147-of-239 passes for 1,879 yards and 16 touchdowns to just four interceptions. He added another 98 rushes for 685 yards and 12 scores.

Croft has said more than once that he is 100% committed and would stay committed even if a better offer came along. I believe it might have been Burns that also said he isn't worried about him decommitting.

Rockford (Minn.) Boylan senior quarterback Demry Croft, a Minnesota commit, Rockford IL.

I thought BT coaches had an unwritten code of leaving verbals alone. oh, thats just for us to adhere to.

Just read an article on ESPN.com about how Franklin is upset about some top recruits leaving for Notre Dame because he believes that if someone looks him in the eye, shakes his hand, and commits, he takes it seriously. As Coach Kill would say, "I hear what you say, but I trust what you do." Hopefully PSU doesn't go after Croft.

Just read an article on ESPN.com about how Franklin is upset about some top recruits leaving for Notre Dame because he believes that if someone looks him in the eye, shakes his hand, and commits, he takes it seriously. As Coach Kill would say, "I hear what you say, but I trust what you do." Hopefully PSU doesn't go after Croft.

Nah, hopefully they go after him and he goes to the U anyway.

Croft has said more than once that he is 100% committed and would stay committed even if a better offer came along. I believe it might have been Burns that also said he isn't worried about him decommitting.

"I will be interested once they talk about offers," Croft said.

I'm not exactly thrilled by this comment he made.

It all balances out...we have gotten some and lost some...it is the nature of recruiting. I trust that Kill & Co are on top of it and in the end, we will get those players that want to be at MN and who want to be part of the future of college football.

Rockford (Minn.) Boylan senior quarterback Demry Croft, a Minnesota commit, Rockford IL.

I thought BT coaches had an unwritten code of leaving verbals alone. oh, thats just for us to adhere to.

+1 What the hell. Big Ten coaches never used to poach each other's commits. Is that what Urban Meyer and Franklin are bringing to the conference? The SEC way?

As to the person who said no worries, he says he's 100% committed ... everybody says that. It's easy to be 100% committed until "big name" schools start pressuring you. What you do at that point will show if you're really 100% committed. Not that Penn State is a big name school any more. With the good recruiting classes they put together while on probation, it really makes me suspect the coaches unwittingly had some "help" from program "supporters."

Would think fans would be savvy enough these days to know that a verbal from a high school kid means very little and is in no way a guarantee that he is going to sign on the dotted line. Not saying Croft is going to de-commit but clearly based on his comment he at least has some level of interest in PSU. If he was 100% committed to Minnesota he could have just come out and said he has made his choice and nothing will change his mind.

In order to make sure he is making the right choice for himself, he has to listen. Until he signs on the dotted line, he can experience the excitement and fun of being recruited.

Leave him alone.

Top Bottom