Penn St at Ohio St

freshtrout

Reaction score
Check it out - Penn St down by 2 with about 1 min to play.

No easy wins in the BT this season...

Besides perhaps Iowa (knock on wood....)

I think we beat Iowa. But, they're not pushovers. They can shoot the 3 and that's what they're going to do if we let them.

Just can't afford to lose to Iowa this year, especially given the emergence of Penn State and our troubles w/ Indiana and Michigan in the past couple of years.

I'm glad we don't face Penn State for a while. Maybe they'll get this out of their system and go back to being the team that lost to Maine at home.

Non Iowa home teams records in big ten play
19-6
Losses by team (Indiana 2, Michigan 2, Northwestern 1, Penn State 1)

Penn State is the only team in the top 7 of the conference with a home loss.

Isn't this like 3 games in a row where OSU barely got by in the closing minute with a win? Sounds like the air gets squeezed out any time now

Isn't this like 3 games in a row where OSU barely got by in the closing minute with a win? Sounds like the air gets squeezed out any time now

4 games in a row. But OSU has been playing from ahead in all of these games - they have had a double-digit lead in the second half in each of their games this season, just haven't been able to close out the Big Ten teams like they were able to with the nonconference teams. The PSU game is the only one where the other team tied up the game in the final minutes & forced OSU to make some field goals (i.e., not FTs when they were already ahead & fouled to extend the game) to win the game.

The OSU defense is not particularly good & needs to get better on that end if they expect to make a deep run in the NCAA tourney. They do not do a real good job of rotating when they help (leading to breakdowns & easy baskets) and Sullinger doesn't guard the pick & roll particularly well (he doesn't recover to his man quickly enough). They generally have more breakdowns that leave guys open than they ought to have. Offensively they can score whenever they need to & have never really had scoring droughts - the defense is what's been exposed somewhat.

Top Bottom