Penalty Question

Hard to say without seeing the play in motion a photo like that can be misleading. Assuming you're talking about the contact with Decker's facemask the official may have missed it, there's no telling how briefly his hand was in contact with Decker's facemask during the play from that still, or the official may have decided the contact was incidental.

He was tackled from behind by the face mask before the ball arrived. I assumed everyone would have remembered this play.

It was also very clear on the replay right afterwards that he grabbed Decker's head. Lots of boos from the crowd after the replay. Wondered at the time what the refs saw (or didn't see).

Decker was mugged all afternoon by the Becky d-backs and not one call for interference was called. The zebras were too busy looking for illegal blocking on guards for Minnesota than Becky tackling Minnesota's D-line which also took place the entire game and was never called. Amazing that the O-Tackles for Wisky were allowed to start early 4 times and were never called either. It's almost comical if it wasn't so sad when you watch the replay of the horrible calls that were made the entire game against both teams.

I figured the p[lay was early in t he game and the refs were going to let just 'play the game', but the theory blew up when phantom calls started to appear. We just have to win these game 35-7 so the bad play call arguement is moot.

Simply grabbing the facemask is no longer a penalty. To get a 15 yard facemask, there must be a jerk, twist, or pull. 5 yard facemasks do not exist.

Why is it that we are averaging twice as many calls against us this season? Is Brewster pissing off the refs before the game? Seriously WTF, after that missed DPI against Decker that you posted 2 plays later should have been running into the kicker. Haugan was like WTF to the ref, the stinking Red Skunk totally took out his knees.

Why is it that we are averaging twice as many calls against us this season? Is Brewster pissing off the refs before the game? Seriously WTF, after that missed DPI against Decker that you posted 2 plays later should have been running into the kicker. Haugan was like WTF to the ref, the stinking Red Skunk totally took out his knees.

You mean the one where the Badger was blocked into the Punter?

You mean the one where the Badger was blocked into the Punter?

I looked at this replay a few times and it looked like the badger shed his blocker and got to the punter on his own power. He was not pushed from behind into the punter's leg. It should have been a five yard penalty. However, there was contact with a Gopher blocker, so I can see the no call happening.

The penalties that I am most upset about are the holding calls on 2 kick returns. I believe what they called was when the blocking back briefly pushed the badger with his hands to slow him down. No grabbing or holding whatsoever. Those were 2 costly penalties on nice returns.

Why is it that we are averaging twice as many calls against us this season? Is Brewster pissing off the refs before the game?

I think Brewster is jawing at the refs along the sidelines a LOT. I don't think that can help any.

At one point on Saturday I saw the head ref make a "jawing" motion directly to Brewster and then a hand motion that said "stop". He had been berating one of the officials at the time. That kind of constant pressure on the officials doesn't earn him any favors I'm afraid.

We also benefited from some non-calls as well. There was at least one reception by Decker when he pretty clearly pushed off the defender. The fellow next to me and I both thought there might be a flag and were glad that the Gophers just went into the next play pretty quickly.

If we had review after every questionable play, we'll have to convert the seatbacks into Murphy beds.

countdownclub.jpg

Bad calls happen, the problem I have is the ref who is WAAAAY far away from the plays consistently making the calls, like the BPT taunting, that guy was nowhere near the play. Happened way too much.

Top Bottom