Pedro Mendes Returns as an Assistant

Well deserved! Should’ve been here last year

Well deserved! Should’ve been here last year
I totally agree and IMO there wasn't any real individual player development this past season for this program to "hang their hat on". I am questioning their hire in the first place seeing as they only stayed 1 year.

I really have no idea how often this happens throughout the NCAA., but I found it extremely disappointing seeing the situation this program was at in the first place. However, we could all see the position it put us in because they decided to part ways with the Gopher volleyball program this soon.

So, for the first positive thing to come out of all this is that Pedro is back and I am hoping for more positivity to follow.

I am questioning their hire in the first place seeing as they only stayed 1 year.
The gal they brought over from LMU brought our M2 (Awoleye) with her.

I assume that was the point of the hire.

I would like say: no more couples. No more of that. Losing one coach means losing two. Let's stop doing that.

They knew the full-time 4th assistant was coming

Kylin was originally a volunteer.
Kylin was originally a volunteer.
True..However, they are a package deal and I believe KCook can see that now with the rehiring of Pedro. I am reading (of course it could be all smoke) that he is looking at a former defensive player for the other Assistant Coaching position.....I say bring back Gentil.

They could also promote Miranda.

Marci would be another possibility if interested.

Sorry I don't believe what I have read necessarily was meant for a Former Defensive Gopher player but one who has held such a position throughout the NCAA....just clarifying.

One thing for sure it would be wonderful to see someone here with the talent of Paula Gentil.

Top Bottom