Pecking Order

dingo

Reaction score
I think one of the main issues with this team is there is no set pecking order with the players. This usually happens when you have a bunch of players at the same skill level. Couple this with Tubby's substitution patterns that provides lots of playing time to everyone and you can get alot of confused players as to their roles.

If you look at the best teams across the country, most players know their roles and are encouraged to thrive in them. With our team, we have players who think they should be playing more, shooting more, better than they are, and dont know their roles.

We have ten guys who play every game. Ten guys who think they should be playing more. Ten guys who know they will get pulled if they make a mistake. This just created a atmosphere on the team that isnt conducive to winning.

If at the beginning of the season, tubby had shortened his bench and let people settle in to their roles and develop a pecking order I think we would be much better off right now.

If at the beginning of the season, tubby had shortened his bench and let people settle in to their roles and develop a pecking order I think we would be much better off right now.

Agree infinity. The subsitution patterns have been awful for two years now. Last year, they improved throughout the season. This year it became more of a mess throughout the season. I think that is Tubby's biggest failing of all.

I couldn't agree more with the suggestion last week that Tubby should delegate managing substitutions to Vince Taylor or even Ron Jirsa.

Going into the Big Ten season Tubby should of established a rotation with the following 8 guys getting a 90% of the minutes:

Nolen
Devoe
Hoff
Westbrook
Carter
Damian
Ralph

With Iverson and Rodney Williams playing spot minutes, garbage time, practicing hard and letting their roles expand next year.

Cobbs, should of been redshirted. Work hard, and he would be the starting PG as a Redshirt Sophmore when Nolen graduates.

Odd man out... Bostick.

Tubby's system, does not reward working your way through the program. He plays everyone from day one so nobody has to earn playing time and players games have a difficult time evolving.

Top Bottom