Peacock

gbbfan

Reaction score
Is there any way to record the Gopher game on Saturday against Rhode Island?

Will a replay be available?

I believe they do have replays but can't say that with 100% certainty.

I might be just too stubborn but I have refused to purchase Peacock. It isn't the price because I think it is pretty cheap but I will not purchase it.
I probably wouldn't subscribe either but they have English Premier League Soccer and we probably watch 1-3 of those games a weekend so it is well worth it.

Peacock has a $4/month special for four months, drop at any time. So you can get the game for $4 (Google Peacock + Big Ten football; they are carrying quite a few games and show you the schedule as they have it now). I've never been able to tape anything from streaming, but Peacock might have extra broadcasts of games - don't know.

You can go in and put it under "My list" (I forget the exact name) and it will save it there for some time. If you forget the replay is still usually available for a few days at least.

Peacock has a $4/month special for four months, drop at any time. So you can get the game for $4 (Google Peacock + Big Ten football; they are carrying quite a few games and show you the schedule as they have it now). I've never been able to tape anything from streaming, but Peacock might have extra broadcasts of games - don't know.

If you’re on the bubble for paying to see the big game looks like there is a $1.99 offer for current college students and a $2.99 deal for veterans. Its a pittance but as someone mentioned on principal it’s irritating we can’t flip on YouTube TV multiview but instead are forced to use the siloed app, go back and forth or use multiple devices. It feels wrong to encourage this business direction. I’m sure there is a good reason for it we’re not yet aware of?

Since we haven't cut our cord we'll put it on the DVR. That still remains an option.

They had a promo earlier this summer of a year for $19.99 so we jumped on it knowing we'd need it for a few games. I'm not impressed with the original content to this point. But we saved money over getting it for 3-4 individual months.

Will this be a trend throughout the season that the only way to watch the Gophers will be via Peacock streaming?

Will this be a trend throughout the season that the only way to watch the Gophers will be via Peacock streaming?
It's possible because Peacock has listed games only through week three. TV for loads of games has not been decided yet by the various networks.

$4.99 for the first 4 months!

$19.99 per month after 4 months. To cancel please call 1-800-234-2424 ext. 23948239847892734928734892742987419 and speak to 17 representatives.

$4.99 for the first 4 months!

$19.99 per month after 4 months. To cancel please call 1-800-234-2424 ext. 23948239847892734928734892742987419 and speak to 17 representatives.
Actually, canceling streaming services in general is in my experience quite easy. Never had any hassles.

Less likely. The first month you have to find homes for 12-18 games every week. Once conference play kicks in it’s down to half of that. Peacock will still have some games but it should be the dregs (hope the Gophers beat Iowa).

Peacock has the games on the channel, so you can watch the replay at your leisure.

If you get your cable through Xfinity/Comcast, you may get Peacock for nearly free, since they are owned by the same company.

When we had cable through Xfinity/Comcast, we had access to Peacock.

We found out Peacock access was cancelled when we cut the cable cord, so we had to sign up for it all over.

If you get your cable through Xfinity/Comcast, you may get Peacock for nearly free, since they are owned by the same company.

We found out Peacock access was cancelled when we cut the cable cord, so we had to sign up for it all over.
I have Xfininty/Comcast cable, but they won't let me sign up for Peacock because I don't have their internet.

I just bit the bullet for the $4.99/month for 4 months. That will get me to January 5th. So at least I can watch any Gopher games that may be carried by the "Cock". Plus tomorrow night's Eagles/Packers game.

I have to miss the first hour or so. I don't believe in the past you could just start watching from the beginning while the game is still going on unfortunately but maybe that has changed.

Our Xfinity includes Peacock as part of our overall package that does include internet.

Don't know about other internet providers like ATT or Dish, but Comcast has an Apps tab on the menu similar to a SmartTV's apps listing on the home menu. It brings up dozens of streaming platforms that you can access through the cable box, some free but others requiring an account. It is very convenient to use the cable remote for these channels but admittedly you could do essentially the same through a SmartTV.

I signed up before the Olympics when they were offering a year of Peacock for $20. I used it quite a bit during the Olympics - and I watched "Oppenheimer" on streaming, so I think I've already got my money's worth out of it. Plus they carry some occasional boxing cards from England that I can't get on ESPN+. (British boxing announcers are the best - "that was a cracking good punch!")

I also anticipate there will be several Gopher basketball games on the 'Cock this winter.

and NBC dumped "Law & Order: Organized Crime" onto Peacock this year, so I will be able to watch that.

I think the production and graphics on this Peacock broadcast have been good.

EXCEPT for the audio, which is not good.

I might be just too stubborn but I have refused to purchase Peacock. It isn't the price because I think it is pretty cheap but I will not purchase it.
I agreed with you until the NFL last night and Gophers today. It’s a pretty good app tbh

They fixed the audio after awhile, but most of the first half was trash.

We have it for EPL or I probably wouldn't spend on it.

Top Bottom