Payton Willis joins Austin Hollins in Israel

It was super tough watching some of those GSW summer games... It seemed like Mac and Willis (& Wiseman to an extent) were the only players that had any kind of maturity and awareness as to how to play as a team. SO MANY 1x1 garbage shots jacked up over a blocker with PW wide open at the arc. PW wasn't very aggressive tho and passed up some shots imo, but the kids he was playing with would have drove me f***ing nuts

Maybe he already had this lined up though and wasn't trying to tear a ligament for a squad he knew he was leaving?

It was super tough watching some of those GSW summer games... It seemed like Mac and Willis (& Wiseman to an extent) were the only players that had any kind of maturity and awareness as to how to play as a team. SO MANY 1x1 garbage shots jacked up over a blocker with PW wide open at the arc. PW wasn't very aggressive tho and passed up some shots imo, but the kids he was playing with would have drove me f***ing nuts

Maybe he already had this lined up though and wasn't trying to tear a ligament for a squad he knew he was leaving?
It looked to me as if he had been told not to shoot. He was removed from the game swiftly after the one shot I remember seeing him take. Other than that... he seemed to be the designated in-bounder. He did bring the ball up the floor on a couple of occasions and he made some fine defensive plays.
My conclusion was that he would be allowed to see the floor only if he agreed to help feature the other players on his team. Hopefully... he will have a good opportunity and an excellent time in Israel. Just don't play in Russia.

Top Bottom