PAYNE A GOPHER!!

Rickert was from Duluth East. Also outstate, IMO.
Does exurb mean outside the first ring suburbs or just an affluent area outside of the city? The question is tricky itself. Do you count Lynch and Omersa? Gabe lived in Edina I thought? Was Travis Busch a 3 star? Either way I did my part to derail the thread and will bow out now lol.

Is Monticello considered an exurb? I always saw it as its own small town out west. Definitely further out than Lakeville
Yes farther, probably more like Northfield. But the gap from Lakeville to Northfield I think is significantly wider than Monticello from Rogers/STMA. Maybe.

Does exurb mean outside the first ring suburbs or just an affluent area outside of the city? The question is tricky itself. Do you count Lynch and Omersa? Gabe lived in Edina I thought? Was Travis Busch a 3 star? Either way I did my part to derail the thread and will bow out now lol.
I did say white kids. And I meant white culturally, not purely in the sense of race, so I'm not counting Abu-Shamala (Shakopee) either.

Busch (Mounds View) is definitely not an exurb. Hell, MV is physically located inside the 494-694 loop.

Yes farther, probably more like Northfield. But the gap from Lakeville to Northfield I think is significantly wider than Monticello from Rogers/STMA. Maybe.
Mileage is actually pretty similar. Monticello to Rogers, Northfield to Lakeville are both in that 15-20 mile range. The latter probably a little faster because 35 goes down to two lanes at that point, where as 94 at about four and there's no rules on that road as far as speed goes.

Mileage is actually pretty similar. Monticello to Rogers, Northfield to Lakeville are both in that 15-20 mile range. The latter probably a little faster because 35 goes down to two lanes at that point, where as 94 at about four and there's no rules on that road as far as speed goes.
Sorry not Rogers, I was thinking of STM and Otsego. There's not much gap between those city boundaries to Monti.

I'm really reaching and splitting hairs, here. People have brought up lots of good points and good examples, don't want to dismiss them.

You didn’t answer my question.
It did. You were trying to say there weren't many to choose from, and that is patently false.

I'm not at all saying the Gophers have avoided recruiting such players. I have no idea, and don't care that much. Possibly, such players fear the inner-urban setting of the U, but who knows.

Not sure what you consider exurban. Hurt from Rochester?
"They consist of agglomerations of housing and jobs outside the municipal boundaries of a primary city and beyond its suburbs."

We all know these outer suburbs: mostly house farms, where some developers come in and build a bunch of houses on some old farm land that mostly look the same, have three-car garages, and it's just a bedroom community except for the big box stores and restaurants out there.

Roch is wayyy outside the TC and sustains its own jobs/economy.

Anyway, I've clearly derailed this thread. Apologies.

Please go back to Payne and/or discussion of Nolan Winters.

Top Bottom