Paul Chryst

Schlic Daddy

Reaction score
I would not be upset if he was hired. That's a complete 180 from a month ago. Wow the Badgers are putting up some points.

He probably deserves consideration but with the whole Cosgrove-Bevell-Childress thing, I don't know if I could stomach another Badger.

Childress is more of a Eastern Illinois guy.

Bump.

I hate myself for this, but Chrst should deserve serious consideration. If he were anywhere other than Wisconsin, wouldn't we love the guy? If that's the primary reason you don't want him to get the job. Alvarez and Bielema were both Iowa guys, for Pete's sake. Do you think Whisky fans care about that in the slightest? If nothing else, it makes sense from a weaken-your-enemy standpoint. If Burt is as much of a buffoon as we think he is, he'll wither away without Chryst, right?

Sounds like we're going to go with an established HC and I guess that's okay. I wouldn't vilify Maturi for hiring Chryst, though if he's going outside the HC box.

Cryst Apparently has no interest in the job. Just like everyone else according to Justin Gaard on KFAN.

Wow this is getting depressing.

Only if he brings us clones of John Moffit, Gabe Carimi, & J.J. Watt.

Everything Gaard mimics from Barriero is depressing...

Cryst Apparently has no interest in the job. Just like everyone else according to Justin Gaard on KFAN.

Wow this is getting depressing.

Not much different then how sports fans feel about afternoon shows on KFAN.

Head coach experience? Recruiter? I had heard he had a personality of a dish rag. Heard him speak one time on the BTN and I thought this guy needs help with his public speaking.

Head coach experience? Recruiter? I had heard he had a personality of a dish rag. Heard him speak one time on the BTN and I thought this guy needs help with his public speaking.

Basement Brew was a big talker and supposedly a big recruiter. I'll take a guy that can coach.

Paul Chryst will eventually be a Head Coach, but I don't see him taking any job in the B10, except Wisconsin. If he leaves Wisconsin this year it will be for Miami.

Somebody asked him a few years ago about how much he'd like to have to pass in his offense, and he said "ideally, never." I like that. I don't like that he has a pre-existing relationship with the weasel who blew the last hire. If the U had a different AD, I'd have a lot more faith in Chryst's ability as the head coach.

Somebody asked him a few years ago about how much he'd like to have to pass in his offense, and he said "ideally, never." I like that. I don't like that he has a pre-existing relationship with the weasel who blew the last hire. If the U had a different AD, I'd have a lot more faith in Chryst's ability as the head coach.

I agree. His relationship with Dithering Joel and his status as a Badger disqualify him from consideration.

For a guy who stresses run, run, and run some more, Chryst's offense has some nice wrinkles in the passing game. Plus, they run all kinds of great stuff out of their basic sets. Just a great power offense.

Chryst should be thankfull he is being mentioned

Drums up interest for his agent and his potential right fit. If anything it might get him a raise. There should be no public no interest comments, really no public comments coming from his camp even if he is offended for not being the A-list type. Minnesota is not a poop job he would be wrong to turn up his noise at it. Frankly I doubt he has, would not be good for his bargaining position should Indiana or anyone else become interested. It is good bargaining power for your agent to have to have your name connected with a job.

no way should we want anyone from wisconsin we should want a guy that HATES wisconsin.. maybe Pat Hill

Top Bottom