Paul Carter

I'm not talking about casual fans. I'm talking about one person who swoops in because of the coach, and will be even faster to swoop out, who doesn't really care at all about the team other than the coach.

That's not for you to say. Tubby may be what brought him here, but who are you to judge his fandom? He probably knows more about the current Gopher team as a whole (not just Tubby) then a lot of 'casual' Gopher fans out there.

Growing up I was a huge fan of John Elway. Following the Broncos was really just a sid-effect of following Elway. But over the years that changed, and I became a true die-hard Broncos fan. I am to this day even though Elway retired 9 years ago. Be thankful for any and all Gopher fans, instead of flaming those you think are not worthy.

Who on this Board goes further back than I. Who remembers being at Williams Arena with the old triangular scoreboard, black with white bulbs for numbers? Who remembers being at Williams Arena when the Gophers won the Big-10 Title last game of the season in the 70's against tOSU? Who remembers being at Williams Arena when the Fab-5 got their butts kicked by the Gophers? I was there, many times, for all of the above, and more. So you young pups shut up, and listen. BEEN THERE, DONE THAT!!!!!!!!!!

He won't even claim to be a Gopher fan. That would be step one I'd say.

Hate to bury...........

FTB in an avalanche, but have to agree with what's being stated here, I welcome FOT here with whatever new perspective he can bring on Tubby's tenure.

I will grant you FTB, tht's there's more than a touch of "I know Tubby and you don't," to his postings, but so what! He probably does.

And....if it was all the same, I'd probably rather sit down for a beer or a coffee with him than any most other Gopher fans I don't know, because he could tell me more about Tubby.

Bottom line......no one likes to be told how support the porgram. Don't let something you disagree with put you over the edge. It's not worth it.

He won't even claim to be a Gopher fan. That would be step one I'd say.

So are you interested in ripping on combes and UWOle too? They don't claim to be Gopher fans. They bring perspective as fans of Illinois and Wisconsin, respectively. FOT brings perspective as a person who knows our head coach. I don't see the problem. The fact that you got your panties in a bundle just because FOT suggested that Carter's injury may not be a season ending doomsday scenario tells me you are too sensitive. Seems like you can dish it out but not take it.

From the Barn. Have you ever played athletics? Just turning an ankle can be incredibly painful and make you howl like a scalded dog. I have had a couple really ugly looking ankles and I was back playing in a couple weeks. Ankle was still tender and subject to turning again, but I was playing. FOT doesn't need to know Gopher history to know something about ankle injuries. Some ankle injuries can be structural and then you have long term issues, but most are not that way. Cool off. Let's wait to see what happens. I am optimistic.

thought i heard on today's BTN broadcast that it looks like 3-6 wks for carter

From the Barn. Have you ever played athletics? Just turning an ankle can be incredibly painful and make you howl like a scalded dog. I have had a couple really ugly looking ankles and I was back playing in a couple weeks. Ankle was still tender and subject to turning again, but I was playing. FOT doesn't need to know Gopher history to know something about ankle injuries. Some ankle injuries can be structural and then you have long term issues, but most are not that way. Cool off. Let's wait to see what happens. I am optimistic.

that is all.....let's hope he is a quick healer and its only 3 weeks

FOT, you don't know Gopher history, you haven't lived Gopher history. Hosea Crittenden means nothing to you. Kyle Sanden's shot means nothing to you. Did you feel anything when Richard Coffee played right after his dad died or heart attack? Did you feel proud when Jayson Walton went after every rebound with the knees of a 70 year old. Did you learn about Burundi because of a player whose name I could never hope to spell.

I obviously have nothing on many of the "old timers," but what they have seen and felt, you'll never be able to hold a candle to just because you caught a random game on TV or in person 20 years ago. There is tradition here, and you are an outsider looking in. That's great that Tubby is your "friend" but as far as the team and this state are concerned, it is completely meaning. The fact you "follow" them just like every other team proves my point. I saw Glen Robinson play but that doesn't mean anything. I've met Jerry Sichting, but who cares? You are no better or no worse than a cyber-transplant here for one reason, and when that reason is gone, you will be to.

The rest of us will still be here, and you'll have moved on.

Coffee is Coffey, Mr. Gopher.

Please quote where I said Carter would be out for the season with a sprained ankle.

Top Bottom