Patrick Reusse Poo Poo's Coach PJ Fleck

actual Reusse tweet from last night:

asked by someone why Reusse doesn't go after Ben Johnson the way he goes after Fleck, Reusse tweeted the following:

Simple: I like Ben as a guy, and I consider Fleck to be full of crapola up to his eyebrows.
Funny thing is, that is what I think of Phat.

actual Reusse tweet from last night:

asked by someone why Reusse doesn't go after Ben Johnson the way he goes after Fleck, Reusse tweeted the following:

Simple: I like Ben as a guy, and I consider Fleck to be full of crapola up to his eyebrows.
Not surprising that his opinions of the two guys has nothing to do with performance on the field/court.

the main point of the column was to show how college football has changed by contrasting coaching moves by Texas A&M in 1982 and today.

Yes, Reusse took a couple of shots at Fleck. Big surprise - he doesn't like Fleck. but that was not the main point of the column. coaches get paid ridiculous amounts of money today. some are successful. some are not.

if you can set aside the comments about Fleck, you have to admit that playing someone $75-million not to coach is pretty freakin' ridiculous.
I think his point on the PJ reference was to show how PJ isn't as unique as he claims. How "all on me" statement isnt saying much and just more BS. Reusse likes to make fun of PJs self-serving ego. It's an easy target.

I think his point on the PJ reference was to show how PJ isn't as unique as he claims. How "all on me" statement isnt saying much and just more BS. Reusse likes to make fun of PJs self-serving ego. It's an easy target.
Reusse hates positive energetic go-getter types that keep themselves in good shape and look good and have success.

Because he's the exact opposite. He's negative, lazy, cynical....always in terrible shape, looks terrible, and has never had success. And no, the Star Tribune employing you is NOT actual success.

Remember when local sports writers actually had enough sway to influence public opinion in this town? E.g. all the weird grifting animus towards Denny Green and Mason. Those days are long gone. It just doesn’t matter any more.

I think Fleck has run his course, If next year not any better it shows he cant recruit in the Big Nil or no Nil. And its only going to get harder. 4 and 5 stars make a difference, not 2 and 3s

the main point of the column was to show how college football has changed by contrasting coaching moves by Texas A&M in 1982 and today.

Yes, Reusse took a couple of shots at Fleck. Big surprise - he doesn't like Fleck. but that was not the main point of the column. coaches get paid ridiculous amounts of money today. some are successful. some are not.

if you can set aside the comments about Fleck, you have to admit that playing someone $75-million not to coach is pretty freakin' ridiculous.

The point of the column, is another Pat cry for support, "Look at ME!", and also to generate outrage here on the board. For Pat, this is another wash, rinse, repeat.

Reusse hates positive energetic go-getter types that keep themselves in good shape and look good and have success.

Because he's the exact opposite. He's negative, lazy, cynical....always in terrible shape, looks terrible, and has never had success. And no, the Star Tribune employing you is NOT actual success.
This might have been better in the Craigslist Missed Connections section.

I think Fleck has run his course, If next year not any better it shows he cant recruit in the Big Nil or no Nil. And its only going to get harder. 4 and 5 stars make a difference, not 2 and 3s
Well get ready for some cellar-dwelling then. Fleck is much better than most coaches.

Top Bottom