Patrick Reusse Appreciation Thread

skoalvikings

Reaction score
I think we need a pro-Reusse thread to combat the whiners on this board that only want positive, Sid-like coverage, no matter how crappy the program is. I think Reusse is about as good as it gets for a sports columnist and I love the morning show.

7.5 hours till kick-off! Go Gophers!

what a bunch of ruesse. go ahead and appreciate him all you want.

I will admit he is better than nobody else at whining and complaining!

Reusse Positivity?

Well....the man can tell a good story, and he knows baseball well. That's probably about it.

I agree, I'm sick of all the whinig and ripping of Reusse. While I don't always agree with him, he's an excellent writer. Get over it and move on.

Truth hurts Proud Gopher......and Boondoggle, so brave on here.........

I think we need a pro-Reusse thread

Why? Ruesse has openly admitted he that his cheering for Brewster and the Gophers to fail. He has said it on his radio who more than once. So, why would you expect anyone on a Gopher message board to really show much appreciation for that piece of Ruesse? Seriously. Go over to your Vikings board and start a Ruesse appreciation thread. On this historic day, we should show him NO appreciation. He has already mocked the stadium, claimed it is over budget, and says it won't help Brewster.

I consider myself a fairly level-headed poster, but this thread drives me crazy. Ruesse is anti-Gopher, period. No sense in showing appreciation to him on this big day. None.

On top of it, he's turned into a fairly lazy columnist who sits from his Jaba The Hut chair and tosses insults and potshots every way he can. That does not make a good columnist. He hasn't shown any creativity or cleverness in years. Occasionally, he writes a decent story about some hometown underdog, but outside of that, he's fairly worthless. Trust me, there was no resistance from the Strib when he approached them about cutting back his schedule. Also note, he has very, very few columns on the front page of the sports section anymore. They are usually buried on page 8. That tells you how relevant the man's writing is nowadays.

Why? Ruesse has openly admitted he that his cheering for Brewster and the Gophers to fail. He has said it on his radio who more than once. So, why would you expect anyone on a Gopher message board to really show much appreciation for that piece of Ruesse?

Trust me, there was no resistance from the Strib when he approached them about cutting back his schedule. Also note, he has very, very few columns on the front page of the sports section anymore. They are usually buried on page 8. That tells you how relevant the man's writing is nowadays.

Yes, he can't stand Brewster. He thinks Brewster if a big-time BSer that can recruit marginally eligible athletes and isn't much of a in-game coach. I guess he theoretically could turn out to be wrong. . .

Are you referring the the same strib that continually allows Sid's excuse for a column to be printed on page 2? Yeah, that is a heck of sports editor they have there.

I find it comical that everyone hates Reusse because he rips a very rippable program. I really hope Brewster turns things around and proves Reusse wrong, but to completely go crazy about the guy because he isn't in love with Brewster is a joke.

Can't wait for the reusse Vikes to move to LA baby!!!!! Later fellas!!!! Skoal Vikings, bend over and I'll show you and Zigi where to put that stadium!!!! Was that positive??

Ad hominem seems to be standard operating procedure around here.

Yes, he can't stand Brewster. He thinks Brewster if a big-time BSer that can recruit marginally eligible athletes and isn't much of a in-game coach. I guess he theoretically could turn out to be wrong. . .

Are you referring the the same strib that continually allows Sid's excuse for a column to be printed on page 2? Yeah, that is a heck of sports editor they have there.

I find it comical that everyone hates Reusse because he rips a very rippable program. I really hope Brewster turns things around and proves Reusse wrong, but to completely go crazy about the guy because he isn't in love with Brewster is a joke.

No one is saying Ruesse shouldn't or can't rip the Gophers. We know the program has deserved it over the years. But, Ruesse goes out of his way to take many, many unnecessary and unfair pot shots at the program and takes great glee in doing so. Many of his pot shots are not based in fact. That's an issue for a newspaper. He's almost like the school bully when it comes to the Gophers - he LOVES picking on them, gets his jollies out of it. Very juvenile for such an old curmudgeon.

He's basically become a lazy contrarian parody of himself. If people like something, he hates it. If people hate something, he likes it. LAZY, LAZY, LAZY!

No one is saying Ruesse shouldn't or can't rip the Gophers. We know the program has deserved it over the years. But, Ruesse goes out of his way to take many, many unnecessary and unfair pot shots at the program and takes great glee in doing so. Many of his pot shots are not based in fact. That's an issue for a newspaper. He's almost like the school bully when it comes to the Gophers - he LOVES picking on them, gets his jollies out of it. Very juvenile for such an old curmudgeon.

He's basically become a lazy contrarian parody of himself. If people like something, he hates it. If people hate something, he likes it. LAZY, LAZY, LAZY!

Well said and might I add his condescending slime he spews out really is not worth appreciating. He rarely writes anything worth reading.

let me get this straight....aka POT CALLING the KETTLE BLACK ALERT!

Ad hominem seems to be standard operating procedure around here.
Ad Hominem implies that everything Pat writes is true but we judge it on a personal dislike, and to claim inaccuraces is not based on what he writes, or the facts but an self intrest to see him reduced. Weird, how you claim ad hominem for a man who writes everything from the perspective of a PERSONAL hatered for the subjects he writes about. Funny, how you never thought to claim protection from the attacks, from the attacker based on this.

Wear your hyprocracy like a crown your royal toolness.

Can't wait for the reusse Vikes to move to LA baby!!!!! Later fellas!!!! Skoal Vikings, bend over and I'll show you and Zigi where to put that stadium!!!! Was that positive??

I love how the anti-Reusse crowd keeps it so classy! Nice work.

Once again, we have the 'if you are a fan of any other team than the Gophers, you aren't a true fan' thing going on. Quite a board we have here, quite a board.

Anyway, time to head off to the big game!

I love how the anti-Reusse crowd keeps it so classy! Nice work.

Once again, we have the 'if you are a fan of any other team than the Gophers, you aren't a true fan' thing going on. Quite a board we have here, quite a board.

Anyway, time to head off to the big game!

oh, how sweet. we love you too!

p.s. watch out and don't step in a pile of dog reusse on your way from the parking lot to the stadium! :)

Top Bottom