pass interference

Section 109 Row 8-Middle
Reaction score
TV viewers:

What about the pass interference calls particularly Poock's interception.?

Never called PI against michigan. Called it against us many time. Those refs were horrible. You could tell it was "better" for the B1G for Michigan to win that game.

I also want to know about the flag they picked up on roughing the passer on Leidner-- it look like unnecessary roughness as he was down and then the Mich defender flung him to the other side. That would have given us the 1st down instead of punting (whick i think was Santoso's bad punt)

At the game live, Poock's looked like interference. Never saw a replay. Myrick was called for holding as he grabbed receiver 10 yards before ball got there. Brooks did not get the call as he was taking himself out of play before contact and out of bounds.

I thought there was one Michigan got away with over the middle of the field.

Judgement calls can be argued many ways.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I also want to know about the flag they picked up on roughing the passer on Leidner-- it look like unnecessary roughness as he was down and then the Mich defender flung him to the other side. That would have given us the 1st down instead of punting (whick i think was Santoso's bad punt)

Bad call and rightfully picked up. Did not meet prescription of the rule.

At the game, live Poock's looked like interference. Never saw a replay. Myrick was called for holding as he grabbed receiver 10 yards before ball got there. Brooks did not get the call as he was taking himself out of play before contact and out of bounds.

I thought there was one Michigan got away with over the middle of the field.

Judgement calls can be argued many ways.

Peppers did sell the one on Poock. Big flop. It was probably still PI but the same thing happened against Brooks and it wasn't called.

There was a play in the endzone where a Michigan defender was clearly hanging on to Maye's arm when the pass got there. Looked very much like pass interference to me.

Poock's was probably PI. The two against MI that weren't called were the biggest misses. Brooks getting mugged and Peppers climbing up Woli's back, hitting his helmet and grabbing his facemask all on the same play were awful no-calls.

Never called PI against michigan. Called it against us many time. Those refs were horrible. You could tell it was "better" for the B1G for Michigan to win that game.

I honestly hate cry baby takes like these. We had the ball on the 1/2 yard line with 19 seconds left on the clock. Has anyone noticed how the winning teams fans rarely complain about the refs, you only ever hear it from the losing team, strange how that works.

Refs miss calls. We only complain about the ones that went against us but I guarantee if you sat and watched the game through and looked at it as a Michigan fan you would find plenty of times where we (Minnesota) weren't flagged. It is the nature of the game. Huge guys flying around at top speed with only a split second and no high def TV screens available to make the decision.

I honestly hate cry baby takes like these. We had the ball on the 1/2 yard line with 19 seconds left on the clock. Has anyone noticed how the winning teams fans rarely complain about the refs, you only ever hear it from the losing team, strange how that works.

Refs miss calls. We only complain about the ones that went against us but I guarantee if you sat and watched the game through and looked at it as a Michigan fan you would find plenty of times where we (Minnesota) weren't flagged. It is the nature of the game. Huge guys flying around at top speed with only a split second and no high def TV screens available to make the decision.

Go back and watch that game. Keep tally of the calls and no calls. Tell me who the refs favored. I'm not one to blame the refs. And I'm not saying the refs are the only reason we lost the game (see my thread about the defense losing us the game) but the refs played a major role in the outcome instead of just reffing the game.

Poock's was probably PI. The two against MI that weren't called were the biggest misses. Brooks getting mugged and Peppers climbing up Woli's back, hitting his helmet and grabbing his facemask all on the same play were awful no-calls.

pi 5.jpg

pi 6.jpg

I'm actually watching the replay right now, it's pretty damn one-sided. I suggest doing then the same, until then, put your keyboard away.

We were beating MI in spite of piss poor officiating. Heartbreaking loss, but plenty to build off of in that game.

I thought that was a pretty good PI call. Unfortunately, the refs butchered several PI calls against us, so that was the frustrating part.

Nice recap with the included pics as supporting evidence. Appreciate it. I will be clear that I am of the opinion the officiating did feel suspect at times...not overly egregious.....but just felt inconsistent at some key moments during the game.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Brooks was shoved out of bounds while the ball was in the air and he didn't get his head around before contact was made. Egregious non-call.

I can't stand bend-me-over fans that overlook stuff like this. It absolutely affects outcomes of games. If refs don't affect games, why are they out there? Really tired of these bad arguments. The refs need to be better and more consistent. Nothing wrong with asking for that. You can bet your ass Claeyes and Jarbaugh are. Grow a pair.

Top Bottom