Pass Interference No Calls

watertown 1987 guy n

Reaction score
Anyone else believe the refs are letting the defender get away with a lot more contact this year. There were a couple calls against EMich but seems to take major contact for a call. One thing that seems very different from prior years is the defender is allowed to wrap the weak side arm around the receiver as the ball arrives. This may be one reason the Gopher passing plays have been limited past 20+ yrd. Will it have an impact on completion percentage? I’m ok w it as long as it’s consistent but as a Gopher homer guessing MICH and OState will probably get those calls and we won’t.

The call on Eastern where the DB had position and was playing the ball… I thought that was unfair.

That call aside, they were letting the DBs mug the WRs.

The call on Eastern where the DB had position and was playing the ball… I thought that was unfair.

That call aside, they were letting the DBs mug the WRs.
It was iffy. When I saw it live I said I thought he was playing the ball. On the replay it looked like he subtly leaned into the gopher player to bump him off the route above and beyond simply making a play on the ball.

I was commenting the same to my wife at the game. Seems like they are calling it less (albeit small samples size of Nebraska and E Mich).
Same. We were talking about it last night as well, wondering if it was a point of emphasis for refs in the offseason or something. We saw a couple non-calls in other games as well.

Top Bottom