Parrish to commit tomorrow

Go4

Reaction score
It sounds like it. It could be a good day!!

Congrats, but the kid isn't even the best QB in the state of Wisconsin.

If he was committing to the BADgers, you probably would say he was the best QB in wisconsin!

Delmer is the best pure passer in the state of Wisconsin, Parish is the best runner. I posted his stats in the other thread about him. You can see why the UW staff wanted him to come to camp and earn his scholarship. There just isnt enough info to determine what time of QB he may be.

It looks like Monter has a story up about Parish's commitment...here's the intro:

"Tom Parish, a 6-foot-4, 200-pound quarterback from Hartland (WI) Arrowhead, is expected to commit to Minnesota tomorrow at an 8:30 meeting with head coach Tim Brewster, according to his father Steve. Parish recently received a scholarship offer from Minnesota. Parish helped lead the Warhawks to a 13-1 mark, losing to Mequon Homestead 13-11 in the Wisconsin Division One State Championship title."

Go Gophers!!

Story is no longer available. I wonder if they told him to take it down till it happens.

If he has already made up his mind, why not get it done and out of the way!

I wonder if this will have any effect on JD Pride.

Both may show up as QBs but maybe only one stays as a QB. Both are athletic guys but not exactly fully formed QBs at this point.

I heard he is the best QB in the Midewest??????

Only if you listen to Sid, if you listen to any recruiting site out there or look at players offers there are atleast 5 QB's better in the midwest, unless the midwest only consists of Minnesota and Wisconsin and from what it sounds like it is still debatable there as well. I am happy to get him but I hope we can get one of the higher rated QB's out there. I believe I saw we had offers out to 3 QB's but none of the elites.

Rivals ranks him as the best QB in Wisconsin. He is the ONLY QB in the top ten 2010 prospects in the Badger state. Brewster is not stupid enough to take a marginal QB just to get someone out from under the nose of Bulemia.

Rivals ranks him as the best QB in Wisconsin. He is the ONLY QB in the top ten 2010 prospects in the Badger state. Brewster is not stupid enough to take a marginal QB just to get someone out from under the nose of Bulemia.

I am OK with offering him but I want to see us offer to some of the elite QB's in the midwest or country as well which we have not yet. If this is the best we end up with fine but you have to aim higher as well and maybe you gwt one. What does it hurt to offer anA.J. Derby, Blake Bell, or Austin Hinder for instance.

What Elite QB would want to come here??? Think about it, he would have to sit his freshman year when Weber starts as a senior and then have to sit the two following most likely while Gray starts. At best he red shirts and starts two years. I doubt any Elite QB would be interested in doing this. I like the commit and think we do not need to add another QB in this class unless it is they Ath/QB type that will likely end up playing elsewhere.

Wow, wow, wow. Where to start?

Parish is the hottest QB in Wisconsin, hands down. Badger fans are gong to say they wanted Delmer, a (listed at) 6'0" sleeper but the fact of the matter is Parish is the best QB prospect in the state and he's gone. Wisconsin has limited schollies this year so they won't get everyone in-state but the tide has changed in recruiting and with Konrad Z and now Parish (Guys Wisconsin WANTS with their limited schollies) the top Wisconsin guys are starting to see Minnesota as a better place to play because of our staff. Bielema is a slug and Wisconsin is on the decline under him. Badger fans know this,are very sensitive about it and I love every minute of it!!

As to whether or not Parish is an elite QB in the Midwest, I'd say "yes". Remember Parish is not from a high profile football factory so he might have been flying under the radar a bit. Within days of releasing his film Parish received Minnesota, W Michigan, Wisconsin and Iowa offers. Parish is also invited to the Nike Elite-11 QB camp which average QB's don't get invited to. If memory serves that's where little known Adam Weber blew up.

As for why an elite QB would want to come here? Brewster said we'd recruit one top QB every year and Parish is it, we're done. Second this is Big-10 football where we're always one injury/set of poor grades/suspension away from needing another QB. Next, top players are not afraid to compete for the jobs. Seeing a full depth chart and shying away from that school is a losers mentality. Competition doesn't seem to scare off QB's at USC, Texas, Florida, et al. Lastly....it's clear the kids really like to play for Tim Brewster and the staff he's assembled.

Only if you listen to Sid, if you listen to any recruiting site out there or look at players offers there are atleast 5 QB's better in the midwest, unless the midwest only consists of Minnesota and Wisconsin and from what it sounds like it is still debatable there as well. I am happy to get him but I hope we can get one of the higher rated QB's out there. I believe I saw we had offers out to 3 QB's but none of the elites.

Dang, you're always such a downer. :cry:

I'm pretty sure when the Gophers win the Rose Bowl in the next five years, I'm going to find you during the victory parade and piss on your leg.

Just so we are clear, the rankings on Wispreps is done by offers. Its only March so that list is going to be totally different after camps. Do you really think a punter is going to be the highest rated player in a state? Although as it stands now he has better offer lists then most of the 4-5 star players in the midwest so who knows.

Wow, wow, wow. Where to start?

Parish is the hottest QB in Wisconsin, hands down. Badger fans are gong to say they wanted Delmer, a (listed at) 6'0" sleeper but the fact of the matter is Parish is the best QB prospect in the state and he's gone. Wisconsin has limited schollies this year so they won't get everyone in-state but the tide has changed in recruiting and with Konrad Z and now Parish (Guys Wisconsin WANTS with their limited schollies) the top Wisconsin guys are starting to see Minnesota as a better place to play because of our staff. Bielema is a slug and Wisconsin is on the decline under him. Badger fans know this,are very sensitive about it and I love every minute of it!!

As to whether or not Parish is an elite QB in the Midwest, I'd say "yes". Remember Parish is not from a high profile football factory so he might have been flying under the radar a bit. Within days of releasing his film Parish received Minnesota, W Michigan, Wisconsin and Iowa offers. Parish is also invited to the Nike Elite-11 QB camp which average QB's don't get invited to. If memory serves that's where little known Adam Weber blew up.

As for why an elite QB would want to come here? Brewster said we'd recruit one top QB every year and Parish is it, we're done. Second this is Big-10 football where we're always one injury/set of poor grades/suspension away from needing another QB. Next, top players are not afraid to compete for the jobs. Seeing a full depth chart and shying away from that school is a losers mentality. Competition doesn't seem to scare off QB's at USC, Texas, Florida, et al. Lastly....it's clear the kids really like to play for Tim Brewster and the staff he's assembled.

co-sign.

Jwill, I think it is pretty obvious what is happening in WI, and you would agree:

Wisconsin doesn't generally offer their juniors until they camp or if they are extraordinary prospects. They haven't camped yet, and there are no extraordinary prospects in WI this year. The only player to receive an offer is Konrad Zagzebski, and that was because Beliema/Bostad wanted to see if they could salvage the situation after one of the top WI players committed to MN.

I am assuming the bit about WI's offering strategy by looking at all of the WIpreps top 10 and noticing Konrad is the only one with an undisputed offer.

Parish is a solid player and had a solid shot of receiving an offer from WI, but no guarantee. I don't believe he currently holds an offer. He is a player they probably would have liked to have but aren't devastated about losing (maybe a little like Casey Dehn last year). Especially because there are two other similar (talent level, not style) QB's in WI this year (just like we had several good OL last year and this year in MN so losing Dehn wasn't a big deal).

Can you agree with that? I feel like these threads with Parish have been going in circles.

I think Sid took this phrase directly from Rivals...

Honyocker- the Wisconsin rankings haven't been published yet so what is this based on? I'm guess it is based on anecdotal (but reliable) info from the Rivals site?

Jwill, I think it is pretty obvious what is happening in WI, and you would agree:

Wisconsin doesn't generally offer their juniors until they camp or if they are extraordinary prospects. They haven't camped yet, and there are no extraordinary prospects in WI this year. The only player to receive an offer is Konrad Zagzebski, and that was because Beliema/Bostad wanted to see if they could salvage the situation after one of the top WI players committed to MN.

I am assuming the bit about WI's offering strategy by looking at all of the WIpreps top 10 and noticing Konrad is the only one with an undisputed offer.

Parish is a solid player and had a solid shot of receiving an offer from WI, but no guarantee. I don't believe he currently holds an offer. He is a player they probably would have liked to have but aren't devastated about losing (maybe a little like Casey Dehn last year). Especially because there are two other similar (talent level, not style) QB's in WI this year (just like we had several good OL last year and this year in MN so losing Dehn wasn't a big deal).

Can you agree with that? I feel like these threads with Parish have been going in circles.

Comparing Tom Parish to Casey Dehn? Bye bye credibility...

Did you notice where I said "a little like Casey Dehn"?

We offered Dehn, so clearly we had interest. We took Campion and Olson from instate, and Michel and Wills from outstate. Dehn wasn't a guy many were frustrated over losing, yet we offered him nonetheless.

I think Parish is somewhat of an unknown quantity. He didn't showcase his throwing skills a lot this last year, yet shows some promise. He hasn't been to camps yet this summer. Wisconsin probably would have offered him but wanted to take a closer look first. For whatever reason, Brewster felt comfortable with offering earlier. I don't think Wisconsin fans will be that frustrated we got him, because they have two other QB's instate and they are looking at a guy in my backyard at JK Mullen (CO).

If you look at the Rivals pages for Michel and Dehn, they both committed on the same day (6.27.08). Michel was a RR 5.5 and Dehn a RR 5.4 (3 stars vs. 2 stars). If I had to take a complete guess I would say Parish will be a mid 3 star (5.5 or 5.6) and the other guys that WI is looking at are comparable.

Now where did I lose my credibility? I'm always misplacing that thing.

Did you notice where I said "a little like Casey Dehn"?

We offered Dehn, so clearly we had interest. We took Campion and Olson from instate, and Michel and Wills from outstate. Dehn wasn't a guy many were frustrated over losing, yet we offered him nonetheless.

I think Parish is somewhat of an unknown quantity. He didn't showcase his throwing skills a lot this last year, yet shows some promise. He hasn't been to camps yet this summer. Wisconsin probably would have offered him but wanted to take a closer look first. For whatever reason, Brewster felt comfortable with offering earlier. I don't think Wisconsin fans will be that frustrated we got him, because they have two other QB's instate and they are looking at a guy in my backyard at JK Mullen (CO).

If you look at the Rivals pages for Michel and Dehn, they both committed on the same day (6.27.08). Michel was a RR 5.5 and Dehn a RR 5.4 (3 stars vs. 2 stars). If I had to take a complete guess I would say Parish will be a mid 3 star (5.5 or 5.6) and the other guys that WI is looking at are comparable.

Now where did I lose my credibility? I'm always misplacing that thing.

You're right, that was too harsh. I thought you were trying to flame. I have a very low opinion of Dehn's game (I'm sure he's a great guy) and did not care one bit when he went to Wisconsin (a feeling you correctly indicate was felt by most Gopher fans.) I think the buzz around Parish is that he might be one of the top QB's in Wisconsin and maybe one of the top players in the state. There was no buzz about Dehn- not even sure why or how he was ranked in the MN top 10.

What Elite QB would want to come here??? Think about it, he would have to sit his freshman year when Weber starts as a senior and then have to sit the two following most likely while Gray starts. At best he red shirts and starts two years. I doubt any Elite QB would be interested in doing this. I like the commit and think we do not need to add another QB in this class unless it is they Ath/QB type that will likely end up playing elsewhere.

Elite players are confident enough in their abilities to earn the playing time regardless of the competition in front of them. Once we get the point that we are bringing in elite players without having to promise them playing time, merely promising them an opportunity to compete then I will feel like we have arrived at a level on par with the top programs. Maybe my standards and expectations are to high at times but you do not become a elite program by accepting mediocrity which is what this program has done for many years.

This is a case of a kid making the right choice for himself. He is a much better fit in Minn's offense than he is in UW's. You really can't argue that. He played in an offense that allowed him to throw something like 85 passes in 12-13 games. Better suited to play in a spread option offense, rather than an I formation under center.

This is a case of a kid making the right choice for himself. He is a much better fit in Minn's offense than he is in UW's. You really can't argue that. He played in an offense that allowed him to throw something like 85 passes in 12-13 games. Better suited to play in a spread option offense, rather than an I formation under center.

Minnesota plays from the I formation under center.

Top Bottom