Parrish Out?

If he wasn't #2, who was? I missed the spring game last year due to Easter so I don't remember who got reps with the second string.

Obviously he was overtaken in Fall camp so it's a moot point.

It was Parish.

Direct from the source means nothing more than having heard it from the person he heard it from. Everything you hear is direct from the source. He got passed up on the depth chart, and wasn't going to play, that's no reason to trash him. I suppose we will hear soon where he is transferring to. I wonder if he'll try for FCS or go for D-II.

Sometimes it just comes down to a numbers game and who fits best into each scheme. Good luck Tom!

Worthless? That is pretty crass. He was just very inconsistent. The one thing I did notice about him at a couple practices I attended that he had really small hands, which made his passing questionable and I think affected his ball handling.

Glad he gave the maroon and gold a go. Best of luck in the future Tom.

Until we are recruiting at the top of the conference, player transfers should be expected, no matter how good you are at evaluation, some players will not pan out, or they'll get buried on the depth chart. We need to learn to appreciate the effort, and commitment, of the transfers, and wish them well, they will be better football players because experience. Good luck Tom.

Until we are recruiting at the top of the conference, player transfers should be expected, no matter how good you are at evaluation, some players will not pan out, or they'll get buried on the depth chart. We need to learn to appreciate the effort, and commitment, of the transfers, and wish them well, they will be better football players because experience. Good luck Tom.

+1

Direct from the source means nothing more than having heard it from the person he heard it from. Everything you hear is direct from the source. He got passed up on the depth chart, and wasn't going to play, that's no reason to trash him. I suppose we will hear soon where he is transferring to. I wonder if he'll try for FCS or go for D-II.

Direct from the source indicates hearing it from someone with firsthand knowledge of the situation. Thus, being called the source. Hearing something from a guy who knows a guy whose dating someone's roommates cousin is not directly from the source.

The source in this case would be Parish himself or someone closely affiliated with gopher program with direct access to inside information. Unless the information is directly from them it is nothing more than hearsay.

Regarding the source...I always have maintained..."Consider the source."

Worthless? That is pretty crass. He was just very inconsistent. The one thing I did notice about him at a couple practices I attended that he had really small hands, which made his passing questionable and I think affected his ball handling.

That's interesting about his hands, and yes, having small hands can be quite the problem for a quarterback, though not necessarily an insurmountable one. I always wondered why Kurt Warner used to fumble the ball so much, and then I learned that it wasn't because he was being careless with the ball, but rather that he had unusually small hands for a QB, and so ball security became a constant struggle for him, and opposing defenses of course knew all about that and were programmed to go after his hands if at all possible, because you hit him on that hand and the ball was very likely to just pop right out.

Anyhow, best of luck to Mr. Parrish. I hope he's able to find himself an opportunity to play somewhere ASAP.

I don't think Dirk Diggler understands what the term "directly from the source" means.

Anyone can come online and spout anonymous nonsense. I doubt it means anything to anyone on here unless you give a source.

Parish was probably our best QB during the spring game. I actually think he fits Kill's offense too, he's pretty athletic and a pretty good runner. His problem is that he's just simply not as good as Shortell or Nelson. Best of luck to him!

Bob has it right. Parish looked good during the spring game and the scrimmages before the spring game. He seemed pretty fast to me and I expected him to be in the mix in this fall. I'm not sure what went wrong but it wasn't athletic ability or foot speed. I wish him well

heard parrish was absolutely worthless. low iq, bad arm, not fast.

not surprised he's done.

best of luck.
I heard you have a tiny penis and problems with anal leaking. Can't confirm it, just what I've heard.

I heard you have a tiny penis and problems with anal leaking. Can't confirm it, just what I've heard.

Some of us can, because in the case of Dirk Diggler, we heard it "directly from the source".

Some of this *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!# is too funny!

Parish competed evenly with Marquise during the "open" QB competition portion of spring ball (about 2 snaps.) He left spring ball as the 3rd QB (2nd to a guy who had not graduated high school yet.)

My point? His play had little to do with were he wound up on the depth chart. Coaches sometimes have to make decisions about who to develop (that whole ceiling vs floor thing.) Parish is a unfortunate victim of that plus coaches have to balance their classes (see Wisconsin QB's 2012); if done poorly you will have huge gaps in experience amongst your classes (see Mn sec 2010 & 2012.)

Good luck to the young fella....I gotta get back to watching these sorry ass S's in the East/West "All Star" game.

Some of this *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!# is too funny!

Parish competed evenly with Marquise during the "open" QB competition portion of spring ball snaps. He left spring ball as the 3rd QB (2nd to a guy who had not graduated high school yet.)

My point? His play had little to do with were he wound up on the depth chart. Coaches sometimes have to make decisions about who to develop (that whole ceiling vs floor thing.) Parish is a unfortunate victim of that plus coaches have to balance their classes (see Wisconsin QB's 2012); if done poorly you will have huge gaps in experience amongst your classes (see Mn sec 2010 & 2012.)

Good luck to the young fella.

I hear you man. I don't understand how some people can call themselves college sports fans and then rip on them like they're professional athletes. Even if these guys don't pan out, I don't think college players deserve the same kind of criticism as pro athletes. That's not to say you can't criticize someone's play or speak honestly about their abilities, but there is no need to go out of your way to bash them.

As far as Parish, I agree with you. There were a decent amount of people on this board that wanted Parish to be the QB after the spring game, and move Gray back to WR. During the spring game, he certainly didn't look in over his head. Under the right circumstances, he could be a Big 10 QB.

He's a guy who just got passed on the depth chart and ended up not having a clear path to PT. I don't blame him for going elsewhere. He did it the right way. He cheered every game, I don't remember hearing anything about him pouting, he finished the semester (in good academic standing) and went somewhere where he could play.

I'm sad to see Parish go, but I'm also happy because that's one less player whose name will be misspelled constantly.

I'm sad to see Parish go, but I'm also happy because that's one less player whose name will be misspelled constantly.

Yep, now we can replace him with Shabazz, Plsek, Baltazar, Anyanwu, Hinojosa, and Fruechte. :)

Yep, now we can replace him with Shabazz, Plsek, Baltazar, Anyanwu, Hinojosa, and Fruechte. :)

Irregardless, we can't loose moving towords success with players like Grey, Brandon Beal, Cobbs, Kirkland, Orske, and Stoudamire

Wow. Didn't see all the ruckus I caused. Let me clarify.

Tom Parrish as a person is not worthless. For all I know he's a great guy with a bright future, I'm guessing he probably is.

I'm not going to say who I know, but I know someone who is at the football complex every day. I asked about Parrish earlier this season, I'm not sure he said "worthless" verbatim, but in relation to Tom's ability to ever play an effective down at QB in the Big Ten I was told it wasn't going to happen. He didn't physically have the skills.

I get a few nuggets here and there, when I asked about the new uniforms pre-release I got some info and passed it on. You can check the uniform post, it's in there. That info was correct (bigger numbers, an homage to Memorial stadium -- I heard patch -- it ended up being the lettering).

I've got some other stuff, and I'm sure I'll hear some more. I'm not going to pretend to be some sort of ultimate insider. But I hear a few interesting things and I'll pass them along if it's cool for everyone to hear them.

I said best of luck to Tom, and I mean it. It's too bad it didn't work out, but that happens in college football. Sometimes you miss on guys. This was a miss.

Top Bottom